Celebrity gay stuff: is homophobia OK if you have a famous gay friend?

madmullah

His bit was about how he’d hate to have a gay child. So why aren’t you complaining about how preachy that is?
I guess most Stright parents would prefer if thier child was not homosexual. In other words normal and who would in time also produce children in the same way as the vast majority of the population have them through... hetrosexual relationships. just normal natural reactions of normal people

O'Sullivan Bere

I guess most Stright parents would prefer if thier child was not homosexual. In other words normal and who would in time also produce children in the same way as the vast majority of the population have them through... hetrosexual relationships. just normal natural reactions of normal people
Loaded self-serving language there....'decent' parents wouldn't be bothered with that. ;)

Mercurial

I initially responded to your hypothetical political point about where are the comedians who joke about how horrible it would be to have a straight son. And I replied that they're the ones who don't get gigs because they're being preachy. I stand over that. You're trying to manipulate me into offering an opinion on something that doesn't follow and has nothing to do with my point. Hart maybe being a lot of things with his attempted joke but preachy it ain't. There's debate to be had about whether it's objectionable but that's not anything to do with what I originally posted
You posted that it would be preachy for a comedian to joke about how awful it would be to have a straight kid.

I asked why you don’t think it would be preachy for a comedian to joke about how awful it would be to have a gay kid.

And you can’t see the connection between those two things? Really?

Mercurial

Do you think most straight parents would prefer if their child was not homophobic?

Wagmore

You posted that it would be preachy for a comedian to joke about how awful it would be to have a straight kid.

I asked why you don’t think it would be preachy for a comedian to joke about how awful it would be to have a gay kid.

And you can’t see the connection between those two things? Really?
No I can't. Interesting learning opportunity for both of us maybe?. For me, it's all about the orientation of comedian. Straight comic worried about having gay kid-possibly obnoxious, v hard to be funny. Straight comedian worried about having a straight kid, definitely preachy and v hard to make funny.Gay comic worried about having a straight kid, potentially v funny, Gay comic worried about having gay kid--not much comic potential and potentially preachy too. It's just the way Comedy works. Hard to explain, but preachy rarely works

madmullah

Do you think most straight parents would prefer if their child was not homophobic?
What do you mean by homophopic. As someone who has neither a strong dislike or fear of homosexulal men. I dont think I am homophobic .. I really feel quiet sorry , even pity for them , as I have indicated in previous posts.
I find the idea of homosexual activity rather repulsive but everyone to his own and as with hetrosexual activity relationships some discreation is required. So in answer to your question ... I guess that most parents would prefer if their children had as few phobias as possible. .

Fr Dougal

Is that what you think his bit was about? Wanting grandchildren?
It would be a major part of it.
Very very few parents would celebrate a gay child.
They may bite their lip and support them.

Mercurial

It would be a major part of it.
Very very few parents would celebrate a gay child.
They may bite their lip and support them.
It's probably a mistake to assume that most parents would share your attitude towards homosexuality.

Sailor

Good thing that that last one doesn't exist then.
It exists, not to mention the misandry displayed by people such as you. No doubt you’ll claim that doesn’t exist either.

Golah veNekhar

Sailor

Beachcomber

Fr Dougal