Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Neo-nazi march in Germany peacefully, anti-fascists out of control and arrested

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Neo-nazi march in Germany peacefully, anti-fascists out of control and arrested

Ten police officers hurt as anti-Nazi march runs out of control - The Local

The roughly 3,000-strong counter-demonstration, marching under the banner “Dortmund stands in the way,” was initially peaceful, but groups broke off from the main gathering and tried to make their way into the town centre, battling police as they went.

Ten police officers were injured while a local Green politician was slightly hurt while trying to stop people throwing stones at police car. A woman was also reportedly injured, although there were no further details about her.

it's interesting that the "Neo Nazis" didn't seem to be doing anything wrong except having a legal rally, but the left-wingers got out of control. It's the first time I've read such an attack on the public by anti-fascists in such big numbers. 300 of the anti-fascists were arrested, the Neo-Nazis caused no trouble whatsoever.

free speech as long is what we agree with, eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyfour View Post

[/i]

it's interesting that the "Neo Nazis" didn't seem to be doing anything wrong except having a legal rally, but the left-wingers got out of control. It's the first time I've read such an attack on the public by anti-fascists in such big numbers. 300 of the anti-fascists were arrested, the Neo-Nazis caused no trouble whatsoever.

It would seem so. But the majority in the counter protest it seems were peaceful. Those intent on causing trouble usually come from an extreme end of the political spectrum themselves and hold views just as abhorant as the Neo-Nazis. I don't there actions reflect on the wider counter protest.

[/i]

It's a bit sly calling neo-Nazis 'the public'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A simular incident just happend in the UK. First time I have heard of it but apparently the EDL (English Defence League) have held a protest before and been attacked.

90 arrested as far-right rally in Birmingham descends into violence - Times Online

Now I seem to remember an uproar from certain sections of society and the media for simply criticising the Muslim protest in Luton against returning British army soldiers. Here is a group, EDL, which although their platform may be viewed as far right, is attacked for protesting against Islamic extremism. Not counter attacked or subject to counter protest, but outright attacked.

I suspect the EDL is a nom de guerre for elements of the BNP, but none the less they are engaged in peaceful legal protest. I have little doubt that this legal protesting is aimed at provoking a response, but it is worrying that said response is so predicatable and indeed so ready.

Are British Muslims so eager to defend Islamists?

What is even more worrying is that while criticism of peoples comments about the Luton protest still echo, the violance against EDL is only coming to light now. This cannot be viewed as a left/right issue. Islamists are much further right than the BNP/EDL would ever dare be.

This begs the question, is the left being sidelined? They can hardly in all conscience side with pro-islamists in initiating street violance. If the mainstream media in the UK are prepared to ignore the EDL protests and resulting violance it will play into the hands of the BNP who are looking for support from dissaffected white Britains.

Politics.ie Member The Caped Cod's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

One must take into account the anger the average Geramn feels about Nazism. It has left a scar of shame on the country that exists (from their own point of view at least) to this day.
    I remember talking to a German man in Damstaad, who patiently explained to me that Germans where some how inherently evil people and so they had to make an extra effort now to befriend the rest of the world and show they were trying to change. All I asked was why everyone's English was so good.
    When you have that type of under current of national self flagelation, it's not surprising they go ape when they see Neo Nazis demonstrating.
    "Authority that cannot be questioned is tyranny and I will not accept tyranny, any tyranny, even that of heaven."
    - Terry Pratchett

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[/i]

tut tut tut.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[/i]

The usual Third Position anarcho-cops? Got any photos? Did you check their boots?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well the neo-nazis organized a march, they were hardly planning to run amok breaking things and attacking people during it were they? They do that when they've less chance of being caught. This doesn't really illustrate anything- every July 12th there's a 'legal rally' up North that attracts violent protest but it would be completely ridiculous if someone argued that the Nationalist community at large were 'out of control'.
    And neo-nazis are also partial to a bit of violent protest http://www.wsws.org/articles/2009/ma...nazi-m09.shtml
    Oh and I can't believe you started a thread sticking up for neo-nazis, what are you, a racist?
    Last edited by SJL4277; 7th September 2009 at 12:21 AM.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unfortunately, the fascist population is steadily growing in Germany.

In the most high-profile example, several fascists were bold enough to study in Hamburg - and enroll on pilot lessons there - before launching their attacks on New York and the Pentagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    Unfortunately, the fascist population is steadily growing in Germany.

In the most high-profile example, several fascists were bold enough to study in Hamburg - and enroll on pilot lessons there - before launching their attacks on New York and the Pentagon.
    The mass murderers who attacked New York were not fascists but Muslims from the middle east.Just a quirk that they were studying in Germany.Are Muslim terrorists fascists? I'm confused about the term "fascist".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast