Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: WW2 In colour/HD on Discovery Channel

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default WW2 In colour/HD on Discovery Channel

Was watching this last night. It seems to have colourised a lot of old film of WW2 and has may have some genuine colour film included. It is repeated tonight (2300 Hrs) on Discovery Channel.

World War II Home

While the history is a bit basic, the imagery is amazing.

Regards...jmcc

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Saw it myself, it was excellent.

Brings a whole new realism to the war on TV.
    Obama - the first half White US President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I saw some colour footage once of the allied landings in Italy, I think at Sciliy. It showed the landing craft coming back from the first assault wave literally awash with blood. Really graphic stuff, definately gave the war a sence of reality that black and white footage couldn't do.
    it’s the continuing series of small tragedies, that send a man to the, madhouse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Probably one of the most famous images of war of all time, I remember reading that the photographer whose name evades me had major difficulties with this picture and had to stage it in the end.

I have passion for images of war and some old books with rare b/w and some colour photos which are stunning which I could scan and upload onto this thread next week if ye are interested.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The problem with the History Channel is that they never cease with the World War Two documentaries. At this stage, I nearly feel like I was there myself.

Quote Originally Posted by truthisfree View Post

Probably one of the most famous images of war of all time, I remember reading that the photographer whose name evades me had major difficulties with this picture and had to stage it in the end.

I have passion for images of war and some old books with rare b/w and some colour photos which are stunning which I could scan and upload onto this thread next week if ye are interested.

Robert Capa was the photographer, I think.

By all means, would be interested in seeing some of your pics. Fair play to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some rare colour footage of Berlin taken in July 1945.

This color footage of Berlin after World War II is absolutely stunning - Vox
    "You think thats bad,theres one lunatic that posts on there 40-50 times a day..He's alone..in bad company!

Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love that show and I can't wait to see how it turns out. So far the Germans are wiping the floor with everyone.
    Faoi mhóid bheith saor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1945 The savage peace on BBC 2 , sad but good, how the Germans suffered after the War. They had concentration camps, mass murder done to them, rape and sadistic treatment from the "Victors" . A story heard little.