Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dublin North Central

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Dublin North Central

Series of threads on each constituency:

ElectionsIreland.org: 30th Dail - Dublin North Central First Preference Votes

There are boundary changes in this constituency as laid out in the Constituency Commission Report.

Currently: 1 FG, 1 FF and 1 Independent

Richard Bruton is safe.

Sean Haughey is probably safe however his vote will be down.

Finian McGrath will likely retain his seat however if Labour can garner enough support then there'll be a seat for them in McGrath's place.

I predict: 1 FG, 1 FF and 1 Independent.

Politics.ie Newbie Fianna Fáiler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Richard Bruton will top the poll, with Aodhan O'Riordan polling well for Labour and getting in on Green and Sinn Féin transfers, Ivor Calleley may well replace Sean Haughey as the single FF TD. Finian McGrath should not be written off either and will give Labour a run for their money.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZrK5m9SGSE - What A Legacy To Leave Behind.

"Fianna Fáil is the party of Vision, Energy and Ideas not the passive inheritors of events, We are the history makers" - Bertie Ahern

Economic Left/Right: -3.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.08

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fianna Fáiler View Post
    Richard Bruton will top the poll, with Aodhan O'Riordan polling well for Labour and getting in on Green and Sinn Féin transfers, Ivor Calleley may well replace Sean Haughey as the single FF TD. Finian McGrath should not be written off either and will give Labour a run for their money.
    how times change -calleley cant even run now ..... and there will be 7000 votes floating and cant see these automatically goin to FF lab could be in with a chance if they can garner these and mcdoweel is well placed to do this as hes clontarf based which is where calleley's holiday home is and where his pol base is

could public anger be so great against mcgrath for being a gov lapdog that lab could take his place i think haughey is safe enough even with oublic anger and ff decline

1 FG 1 FF last Lab and McGrath think Lab could shave it

Politics.ie Member DeGaulle 2.0's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LgCastell View Post
    how times change -calleley cant even run now ..... and there will be 7000 votes floating and cant see these automatically goin to FF lab could be in with a chance if they can garner these and mcdoweel is well placed to do this as hes clontarf based which is where calleley's holiday home is and where his pol base is

could public anger be so great against mcgrath for being a gov lapdog that lab could take his place i think haughey is safe enough even with oublic anger and ff decline

1 FG 1 FF last Lab and McGrath think Lab could shave it
    FG will take 1 seat.
    Labour should take a seat - if they are on 30% in Dublin they have to take a seat here.
    That leaves the last seat between FF and McGrath
    Vive le Québec libre ! Ag beathú na dtochardán ón mbliain 2007.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeGaulle 2.0 View Post
    FG will take 1 seat.
    Labour should take a seat - if they are on 30% in Dublin they have to take a seat here.
    That leaves the last seat between FF and McGrath
    Probably FF, I'm told there's a core vote of elderly people who are Haughyites. "Youuur faaaather got, got me the free bus pass he did"!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fianna Fáiler View Post
    Ahem , ye did'nt reckon on him havin to be kicked out , !!!!LOL !!!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mary Lou mc Donald is really putting the work in ,on the ground. she now lives in the constituency and has kept her head down to do the graft. She'll definitly give O'sullivan a run for her money for the "gregory" seat. If Christy Burke runs ,which is possible ,she'll pick up a lot of his transfers, and there is huge support amongst O 'Sullivans voters for SF.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blanchinner View Post
    Mary Lou mc Donald is really putting the work in ,on the ground. she now lives in the constituency and has kept her head down to do the graft. She'll definitly give O'sullivan a run for her money for the "gregory" seat. If Christy Burke runs ,which is possible ,she'll pick up a lot of his transfers, and there is huge support amongst O 'Sullivans voters for SF.
    Wrong constituency, dude.
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyway, I reckon it'll be 1 FG (Bruton), 1 Labour (O'Riordan) and 1 FF (Haughey). One of the reasons FF have been so busily shafting Callely in recent weeks has been that this is the kind of constituency where FF have 2 TDs but would much rather only run one candidate.
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

McGrath is very busy on the ground in this constituency. This is his strength, everyone knows his face.
    Cant see Calleley getting in with the current mood.
    Bruton is rock solid here.

I'd agree on a possible Labour gain but McGrath will put up a fight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast