Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M50 Traffic Signposting Nightmare

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default M50 Traffic Signposting Nightmare

Road traffic law enforcement and particularly very poor signposting on the M50 for the various Junction Offturns is utterly appalling and dangerous. Driving along that obstacle laden highway (roadworks stuff absolutely everywhere) is a very dangerous exercise indeed because there is wholesale disregard for the speed limits.

There are many discussions among concerned motorists about what is needed to bring a sense of order and to make a positive contribution to public safety on the M50. Might I suggest that what is needed more than any else boils down to two things:

(a) bigger and better signposting telling motorists to get in their correct lanes and

(b) speed law enforcement.

What about some overhead signs with huge arrows identifying traffic lanes well in advance of the actual slip roads ? These are very effective and easy to follow by motorists even those who are on unfamiliar highways as will so often be the case on the primary traffic routes.

What's there at the moment on our M50 is a pale imitation of what should be there.

Agreed - There seems to be a race to the bottom to make us a third world country again.
    As before the only thing that's now stopping us being classed as a third world country is the appalling weather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abacus View Post
    Road traffic law enforcement and particularly very poor signposting on the M50 for the various Junction Offturns is utterly appalling and dangerous. Driving along that obstacle laden highway (roadworks stuff absolutely everywhere) is a very dangerous exercise indeed because there is wholesale disregard for the speed limits.

There are many discussions among concerned motorists about what is needed to bring a sense of order and to make a positive contribution to public safety on the M50. Might I suggest that what is needed more than any else boils down to two things:

(a) bigger and better signposting telling motorists to get in their correct lanes and

(b) speed law enforcement.

What about some overhead signs with huge arrows identifying traffic lanes well in advance of the actual slip roads ? These are very effective and easy to follow by motorists even those who are on unfamiliar highways as will so often be the case on the primary traffic routes.

What's there at the moment on our M50 is a pale imitation of what should be there.
    if you are this blind I question wheather you should be driving at all

Quote Originally Posted by FF 4ever View Post
    if you are this blind I question wheather you should be driving at all
    And gombeen Zanu FF think that kind of crap is good enough for the mug Irish motorists.....

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigris Celtica View Post
    And gombeen Zanu FF think that kind of crap is good enough for the mug Irish motorists.....
    Yo, I'm not going into another few weeks of cracking down on "Zanu FF" rubbish. Cop on please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigris Celtica View Post
    what an whiner you are ! Fianna Fail give you roads and then you are too blind to read the sign posts and you complain further ! bad to bed loser....that is where you are needed

Politics.ie Member b.a. baracus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what an whiner you are ! Fianna Fail give you roads and then you are too blind to read the sign posts and you complain further ! bad to bed loser....that is where you are needed
    Trolls are sometimes controversial and sometimes amusing. You are neither. Give it a break - it ain't working pal.
    I ain't gettin' on no plane

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought it was the EU that give us roads? Please make you mind up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by b.a. baracus View Post
    Trolls are sometimes controversial and sometimes amusing. You are neither. Give it a break - it ain't working pal.
    havin' trouble in the big black van gettin' da A -Team around ! vroooom vroooommm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David Cochrane View Post
    Yo, I'm not going into another few weeks of cracking down on "Zanu FF" rubbish. Cop on please.

thanks once again for this David

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast