Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Evidence about Raonaid Murray

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default New Evidence about Raonaid Murray

Firstly, I have great sympathy for the family of Raonaid who was so brutally murdered 10 years ago, and I hope this post does not cause any offence to them.
    But I do wonder about the 'new evidence' that has been announced today by the gardai. I seem to recall these same reports of sightings of individuals who were seen in the area around the time of the murder - some years ago.
    And todays new evidence coincides with the lauch of a book on Raonaid's muder which is being given out free with the Sunday World, I have to suspect that there is a connection.
    We all know how Paul Williams of the Sunday World gets the inside story from the gardai all the time and how he returns the favour by defending the Garda cause at various times. And nothing wrong with that - that how journalism works with politicians and any other sources.
    But I have to suspect that there is no new evidence at all and that there is some connection with the lauch of the book / Sunday World story.
    Is there any new evidence or are the Gardai simply helping boost Sunday World / book sales and returning the favour to PW and co.?

Note: Scissors sisters victim, Swaleh Noor, admitted seperately to various people that he murdered Raonaid. He was also known to have been swimming at Sandycove beach that very day with those sisters. He is also known to have stayed behind when they headed home in the evening - saying that he wanted to rape someone. He came back late to their flat and was bloodstained by some accounts. He seems like a very very likely culprit. The Gardai dont deny these facts but say there is no proof.
    Last edited by darkhorse; 5th September 2009 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Clarification

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

These guys dont play those little games

Controller - An Garda Sochna - Ireland's National Police Service

Best detectives around, you could make a great TV show about 1 or 2 of them and their methods...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_the_Waster View Post
    These guys dont play those little games

Controller - An Garda Sochna - Ireland's National Police Service

Best detectives around, you could make a great TV show about 1 or 2 of them and their methods...
    Really? What is their detection rate?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    Firstly, I have great sympathy for the family of Raonaid who was so brutally murdered 10 years ago.
    But I do wonder about the 'new evidence' that has been announced today by the gardai. I seem to recall these same reports of sightings of individuals who were seen in the area around the time of the murder - some years ago.
    And todays new evidence coincides with the lauch of a book on Raonaid's muder which is being given out free with the Sunday World, I have to suspect that there is a connection.
    We all know how Paul Williams of the Sunday World gets the inside story from the gardai all the time and how he returns the favour by defending the Garda cause at various times. And nothing wrong with that - that how journalism works with politicians and any other sources.
    But I have to suspect that there is no new evidence at all and that there is some connection with the lauch of the book / Sunday World story.
    Is there any new evidence or are the Gardai simply helping boost Sunday World / book sales and returning the favour to PW and co.?

Note: Scissors sisters victim, Swaleh Noor, admitted seperately to various people that he murdered Raonaid. He was also known to have been swimming at Sandycove beach that very day with those sisters. He is also known to have stayed behind when they headed home in the evening. He came back late to their flat and was bloodstained by some accounts. He seems like a very very likely culprit. The Gardai dont deny these facts but say there is no proof.
    Not to be flippant and in no ways any disrespect to the Murray family but surely there must be DNA from his body parts and her body that can confirm
    or refute this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis Parsley View Post
    Not to be flippant and in no ways any disrespect to the Murray family but surely there must be DNA from his body parts and her body that can confirm
    or refute this.
    No there was no sexual assault or any dna evidence from anyone

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No there was no sexual assault or any dna evidence from anyone
    I'm aware that a sexual assault did not take place, but I find it hard to believe that there was no foreign DNA on Raonaid's body, i.e. under the fingernails, or did the gardai not do their job at the time.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis Parsley View Post
    I'm aware that a sexual assault did not take place, but I find it hard to believe that there was no foreign DNA on Raonaid's body, i.e. under the fingernails, or did the gardai not do their job at the time.

From today's news, it seems that the Gardai have definitively dismissed the idea that she was killed by Swaleh Noor.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cactusflower View Post
    From today's news, it seems that the Gardai have definitively dismissed the idea that she was killed by Swaleh Noor.
    Well at least that theory has been put to bed. It must be one of the worst murder cases and very hard on her family.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Firstly, I have great sympathy for the family of Raonaid who was so brutally murdered 10 years ago, and I hope this post does not cause any offence to them.

Note: Scissors sisters victim, Swaleh Noor, admitted seperately to various people that he murdered Raonaid. He was also known to have been swimming at Sandycove beach that very day with those sisters. He is also known to have stayed behind when they headed home in the evening - saying that he wanted to rape someone. He came back late to their flat and was bloodstained by some accounts. He seems like a very very likely culprit. The Gardai dont deny these facts but say there is no proof.
    Time to revive this thread as the latest appeal for information has been issued on the 15th anniversary. While I would desperately like to see the scumbag caught realistically unless they spontaneously 'fess up the case will not be solved. Too much time has passed, forensics will be useless and it would be plausible to say you couldn't remember where you were that night.

It’s fifteen years since Raonaid Murray was murdered, gardaí issue fresh appeal

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The parents have apparently reported Gemma O Doherty to the Gardai for investigating this case

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast