Before we get into predictions and the like, let's just find the lie of the land first. Wicklow has a very uncertain ticket.
Anybody know who is running for the next general election?
Fianna Fail 2 or 3 candidate strategy?
1. Pat Fitzgerald (Arklow)
2. Dick Roche TD (Greystones)??
Fine Gael 3 candidate strategy.
1. Billy Timmons TD(West Wicklow)
2. Andrew Doyle TD(East Wicklow)
3. Simon Harris (Greystones)
Labour 2 or 3 candidate strategy.
1. Liz McManus TD (Bray)??
2. Jimmy O'Shaughnessy (East Wicklow)
3. ................ (Arklow)
Sinn Fein single candidate strategy.
John Brady (Bray)
Greens single candidate strategy.
1. Deirdre De Burca / Ciaran O'Brien / Pat Kavanagh??
Others multiple randomers
1. Jim Tallon. (expect a new swish you-tube video akin to Sean "Smokey" Smullen)
2. ............. People before Profit
3. .............. Socialist Party?
4. Joe Behan TD (Bray)??
5. Some persecuted soul with a chip on their shoulder from the ranks of Fianna Fail