Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Says the ERHA was warned about Leas Cross

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Kenny Says the ERHA was warned about Leas Cross

Fine Gael leader Enda Kenny has said the ERHA was warned of sub-standard conditions in Leas Cross Nursing Home ten months before the RTÉ Prime Time investigation was broadcast.

Mr Kenny described the Leas Cross scandal as social savagery and he criticised the HSE for failing to take action against the owners of the nursing home despite numerous warnings in the preceding year.

Yesterday the HSE blamed system failures for the situation that arose in the Leas Cross Nursing Home and said that, following the Prime Time investigation, they immediately moved to rectify the situation.

Mr Kenny said that inspectors were well aware of the conditions in the nursing home as early as August 2004.

He quoted directly from a letter sent to the ERHA by a healthcare management consultant outlining conditions he witnessed in the nursing home.

The author of the letter is Martin Hynes, who carried out an independent investigation into the death of former Leas Cross patient Peter McKenna.

During his visit to Leas Cross, Mr Hynes was accompanied by an inspector from the Health Board.

Mr Hynes also disputes the claims by the HSE that there is a robust system of inspections now in place.

- This is ridicoulas that they could try and play dumb, now we know what type of cover up merchants we have running things in our health service

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who cares what he says he is doomed!
    Life is a beautiful magnificent thing, even to a jelly fish ~ Charlie Chaplin

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jady88

And to think people accuse the Government parties of arrogance. But this is obviously the typical PD member's response to a disgraceful scandal that happened under the watch of the HSE, the Department of Health, and the Minister for Health - who just happens to be a PD.

You've got a lot of growing up to do, jady88.
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster

And to think people accuse the Government parties of arrogance. But this is obviously the typical PD member's response to a disgraceful scandal that happened under the watch of the HSE, the Department of Health, and the Minister for Health - who just happens to be a PD.

You've got a lot of growing up to do, jady88.

arrogance? No realism. What he is saying is not new or relevant he is merely trying to capitalise on the horrendous suffering of patients. By the way it was our Health Minister who dealt with this issue, it has been going on for years, I say that from personal experience of relatives. Mary Hearney has been the best Minister for Health in decades and also the most honest!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sick reaction from a pd to a scandal that they allowed go unchecked. what exactly has harney done? list her achievements in health... and sorting out an issue after a tv show exposed it is not an achievement, it's an indictment. Whenever she sorts out the A&E crisis (as if) will you be claiming is as a victory for her vision as a leader or will you admit it's a victory for television as an informer
    We need to radically change every system that has enabled the wholesale destruction of the Irish landscape, rural and urban. There is no time for incremental step by step measures. The systems have failed utterly and the only hope for a real recovery requires the rule book to be torn up completely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This must be the most cynical, arrogant, and callous post I have read on the site.

The substance of the original post was not about Enda Kenny. It was about the HSE.

You have zero concern for the people who were victimised in these institutions. Anything to score politics points at an opponent.

Sick.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by White Horse
    This must be the most cynical, arrogant, and callous post I have read on the site.

The substance of the original post was not about Enda Kenny. It was about the HSE.

You have zero concern for the people who were victimised in these institutions. Anything to score politics points at an opponent.

Sick.
    I am neither sick nor arrogant, I questioned why Enda felt the need to make such an announcement in the first place. It is his party and he himself who are all over the media today for saying what everyone already knows and feels. It is Enda Kenny who has used the suffering of these unfortunate people to try and get coverage for his failing party.
    Don't takl about my concern you know nothing of my personal life and should not make such statements.

If true, this is worrying. Why was no action taken against leas Cross, why does it take humiliation for corrective action be to b taken in this country!
    Underlines the lack of acountability in this country to.

You PD supporters make me sick if all yee can do is attack Enda Kenny. Go ask Mary to sort the mess in Health out.

It doesn't matter who the messenger is, what happened was wrong

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by White Horse

Sick.
    I am neither sick nor arrogant, I questioned why Enda felt the need to make such an announcement in the first place. It is his party and he himself who are all over the media today for saying what everyone already knows and feels. It is Enda Kenny who has used the suffering of these unfortunate people to try and get coverage for his failing party.
    Don't takl about my concern you know nothing of my personal life and should not make such statements.
    he obviously made the announcement as it's the biggest issue of the week. YOu'd be the first to complain if he remained silent. It's the FF/PD axis that's allowing this suffering. How about answering my first post.. what the fck has harney done in health???
    We need to radically change every system that has enabled the wholesale destruction of the Irish landscape, rural and urban. There is no time for incremental step by step measures. The systems have failed utterly and the only hope for a real recovery requires the rule book to be torn up completely.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When has one PD supporter ever suggested that what happened in Leas Cross was not an abomination?
    The tragedy of Leas Cross and other undiscovered "carehomes" should not be used as a political football and this is what he is doing.

Do you honeslty believe that these things didn't happen during other Government periods? At least Mary was open and transparent, look at FG's history.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast