Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Longer Sentences for animal abusers I Plead

Default Longer Sentences for animal abusers I Plead

I witnessed, and then had confrontation with a few lads yeasterday in a park near my home by what i can only call cowardly little s cum , one of them had a dog on a lead when another dog not on a lead befriended the scum bags dog , the scum bag's little dog got a little excited with seeing the other dog and made an attempt to kiss or sniff the other dog as dogs do only to be kicked so hard by the scum bag who had him on the lead , the dog screamed in agony only to be hit again , i was heading towards them and shouted at the low life to stop kicking the dog only to be told to f uck off or you'll be next , I genuinely found it hard to sleep last nite thinking about the dog , i called the Guards and they tried to be as helpfull as possible but said unless I can pinpoint the ownere and where the dog is been kept there was very little they could do, I wish the penalties for this evil behaviour were harder and it was easier to convict people who would viciously assault an animal in that way

Default Longer Sentences for animal abusers I Plead

I witnessed, and then had confrontation with a few lads yeasterday in a park near my home by what i can only call cowardly little s cum , one of them had a dog on a lead when another dog not on a lead befriended the scum bags dog , the scum bag's little dog got a little excited with seeing the other dog and made an attempt to kiss or sniff the other dog as dogs do only to be kicked so hard by the scum bag who had him on the lead , the dog screamed in agony only to be hit again , i was heading towards them and shouted at the low life to stop kicking the dog only to be told to f uck off or you'll be next , I genuinely found it hard to sleep last nite thinking about the dog , i called the Guards and they tried to be as helpfull as possible but said unless I can pinpoint the ownere and where the dog is been kept there was very little they could do, I wish the penalties for this evil behaviour were harder and it was easier to convict people who would viciously assault an animal in that way

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why should it be easier? If you give them the information necessary to support a prosecution then I'm sure the Gardai will follow this up, but just telling the Gardai that you seen some 'scumbag' kick is dog is simply not enough to go on. Maybe you think the Gardai should take out their list of 'scumbags' and see which ones have dogs? Arrest them all because, sure, they're only 'scumbags' anyways.
    *************, *********, ********, **** <3 USA

Quote Originally Posted by cHeal View Post
    Why should it be easier? If you give them the information necessary to support a prosecution then I'm sure the Gardai will follow this up, but just telling the Gardai that you seen some 'scumbag' kick is dog is simply not enough to go on. Maybe you think the Gardai should take out their list of 'scumbags' and see which ones have dogs? Arrest them all because, sure, they're only 'scumbags' anyways.
    I feckin challenged the 4 scumbags and the 4 of them got aggresive towards to me then i was alone and believe me I was under threat , who da feck do u think u are cHeal get off ur high horse ? if I knew the address of the culprits I would have given the guards their address , id much prefer Vigilantism in such cases but most would not

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you knew the address of the 'scumbags' then all well and good, and something could be done, but how do you propose we make it easier to prosecute these people WITHOUT any evidence? What would make it easier? Gardai discretion, maybe we should class them as members of gangs?

Think about what you say, before you say it.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Animal cruelty is not taken seriously in this country and i doubt the gardai would give a toss. The only thing you could get them on is threatening behavior - a good camera phone at a distance may come in handy here.

PS: To quote Gandhi "you can measure a countries people by the way that country treats its animals" - In Irelands case (a country where the government prefers to spend money on killing stray dogs instead of eliminating the problem for good via education and neutering etc.) one can only despair at the atitude of many in this regard

Quote Originally Posted by cHeal View Post
    If you knew the address of the 'scumbags' then all well and good, and something could be done, but how do you propose we make it easier to prosecute these people WITHOUT any evidence? What would make it easier? Gardai discretion, maybe we should class them as members of gangs?

Think about what you say, before you say it.

how does a person who assaults another person get convicted when the only evidence is eye witness and the victim himself/herself , a dog cant talk did u not know? Im the only one who can give the evidence and if i know who they were or are i would ,how much clearer can i be ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whofearstospeak? View Post
    how does a person who assaults another person get convicted when the only evidence is eye witness and the victim himself/herself , a dog cant talk did u not know? Im the only one who can give the evidence and if i know who they were or are i would ,how much clearer can i be ?
    Yes, but how would that prosecution be made easier than present? You can only tell the Police what you know and if that is not enough to form a viable prosecution then I don't see how, or why, it should be made any easier.

If you had recorded the incident, this would be a good basis for catching the person involved.

EDIT : to fix typo
    Last edited by cHeal; 1st September 2009 at 03:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Utter scum.

Politics.ie Member MsAnneThrope's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whofearstospeak? View Post
    Until Gormley and Co. honour their 2007 commitments to end several forms of animal cruelty in Ireland complaints such as this will fall on deaf ears, and the whole issue of animal cruelty won't be taken seriously. The Gardaí, unless you're fortunate enough to report it to a Garda who personally cares about animals (and isn't swamped with work), couldn't care less about reports of abuse to dogs, cats etc.

You should report the incident to your local branch of the ISPCA (if in Dublin the DSPCA - ph: (01) 493 5502/4 info@dspca.ie) and they may investigate. It's almost a certainty that dog is being habitually abused and the owner may hang out in the same area all the time. Give them a description of the owner and dog and if you spot them again, without putting yourself in any danger, try to see if you can find any info could help positively identify the abusive owner.

I commend you for your actions.
    We all love animals. Why do we call some 'pets' and others 'dinner'?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast