Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FG young guns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default FG young guns

At a recent FG press conference, images of all the FG GE candidates were beamed on a big screen behind enda whilst he was speaking. I did notice a lot of youngish faces. Will running these new kids on the block attract a young vote or indeed encourage older voters to give them a tick because they are tired of the old ones. which of the new candidates stand a realistic chance of election.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Darren Scully most definatly
    "Rural People didn't need hospitals in the 19th Century and shouldn't need
    them now"

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All these have a chance. John Paul Phelan, Leo Varadkar, Lucinda Creighton, Michelle Mulherin.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lucinda is polling at 8%... she hasn't a hope in hell
    The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites

Politics.ie Member Darren Mac an Phríora's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Varadkar might get in, but I don't know any young people in the party in Dublin West and I didn't see any of them at the count in the RDS for the 2004 Local Elections. Somebody pointed out a picture of him before to me though with his YFG Dublin West consituency committee. There were about two or three of them.

Cllr. Naoise O' Muirí seems like a great councillor to me. Himself and Gerry Connolly, the ex-YFG president, seem like the only good young people to me in the party.

Sadly, the West-Brit John Bruton's legacy still lives on and affects Nationalistic young guns like the two above.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim84
    lucinda is polling at 8%... she hasn't a hope in hell

Incorrect. Lucinda polled at 8%, in one poll, taken halfway through the second week of a fortnight dominated in the media by her constituency rival Michael McDowell. He'd won the leadership the first week, and the PDs were having their think-in the second week. She'd be "polling at 8%" if several polls had her around that mark, but they haven't - just the one. FG's polls have her in the mid-teens, apparently - which puts her right in the mix.
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

John Paul Phelan is well on track to top the poll in Carlow-Kilkenny.
    "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." Mark Twain

“When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.” Napoléon Bonaparte

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SPN
    John Paul Phelan is well on track to top the poll in Carlow-Kilkenny.
    Actually, the published poll in C/KK showed him not having any chance at all

Politics.ie Member Darren Mac an Phríora's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know the party went into a depression after the 2002 GE. Well, lads, yous had better get ready for a more prolonged one now. Despite the hatred there is of FF amongst many, many people, and the unbelievable mistakes they have made, most people just don't like yous.

Even the Labour Party think that Enda Kenny is an ineffective leader. I accept that yous are a predominately honest party, but you are frankly unstable (at best) on the North and... oh, just give up...

I know politics is just a career for some/most/all of yous but please don't bore us.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wasn't just talking about the Mail's poll. FF,PD and FG polls all had her around the 8% mark. One of the FF internal poll before Jim was added to the ticket had her below Humphreys and he isn't even running in the GE
    The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast