Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it right that such a prominent FF supporter presents Late Late show?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Is it right that such a prominent FF supporter presents Late Late show?

Has Ryan Tubridy ever resigned from Fianna Fáil? Can it be credible to have such a prominent member of the FF "family" presenting the State broadcaster's "flagship" show?

Tubridy was a member of Fianna Fáil while in UCD and was also in the Dun Laoghaire branch of Ógra Fianna Fáil. Two of his maternal uncles, Niall Andrews and David Andrews, were Fianna Fáil TDs.

His brother stood unsuccessfully for FF in the 2009 local elections, bizarrely choosing to use graphics modeled on the Obama presidential campaign rather than the FF logo.

Two of his first cousins, Barry Andrews and Chris Andrews are Fianna Fáil TDs. His grandfather, Todd Andrews, was a prominent associate of Fianna Fáil founder Éamon de Valera.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No, it is not. Not when the broadcaster is supported by compulsory subscription backed up by the threat of a prison sentence.

No it's not - It stinks.

Pales in comparision to the George Lee scandal.
    Thank you for the six thousand likes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Compared with Joe DuFFy, Tubridy is a model of impartiality.
    My Avatar is the FF logo INVERTED symbolising contempt for the FF Party and its members.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As long as he is impartial i dont think it matters.
    'A defeatist attitude now would surely lead to defeat, it primarly a question of whether we have confidence in ourselves and the dilligence and determination of our people,We can't opt out of the future.' Sean Lemass (1965)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have you ever heard of the remote control?

Anyway I fail to see how discussions on boob jobs with transexuals,movie and soap stars, footballers, singers is really going to effect the political balance in this country - if its Tubridy - you can be guaranteed that we'll all watching discovery channel by November for some sign of life - the political side of things to be dumbed down big time - maybe thats not a bad thing.
    Last edited by Edo; 31st August 2009 at 10:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Edo View Post

Anyway I feel to see how discussions on boob jobs with transexuals,movie and soap starts, footballers, singers is really going to effect the political balance in this country - if its Tubridy - you can be guaranteed that we'll all watching discovery channel by November for some sign of life - the political side of things to be dumbed down big time - maybe thats not a bad thing.
    The problem with Tubridy is not that he comes from a FF family. The problem is that he is an irritating smart-a*sed clown

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Edo View Post

Anyway I feel to see how discussions on boob jobs with transexuals,movie and soap starts, footballers, singers is really going to effect the political balance in this country - if its Tubridy - you can be guaranteed that we'll all watching discovery channel by November for some sign of life - the political side of things to be dumbed down big time - maybe thats not a bad thing.
    What he says

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Should someone be prevented from doing a job where he can easily be monitored for any sign of bias because of his political beliefs?
    The Common Sense Answer: No.
    The Politics.ie Answer: Depends on whether his beliefs accord with mine.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast