Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pyjamas as day-wear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Pyjamas as day-wear

The Sunday Times tries to get to grips with this sartorial trend

Is it a reaction against materialism? A natural development from track suits

Or

There is a lot of pressure on young teenage girls to be very sexualised and this is a way of opting out.
    What I didn't know was that it's not that they go out in the pyjamas they slept in but that they change into day pyjamas. Of course like all clothing trends started by the working class it is spreading to the middle class. How long before BT are selling designer day-jammies by Tommy Hilfigger?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TradCat View Post

Or

What I didn't know was that it's not that they go out in the pyjamas they slept in but that they change into day pyjamas. Of course like all clothing trends started by the working class it is spreading to the middle class. How long before BT are selling designer day-jammies by Tommy Hilfigger?
    Does your "middle class" not work?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hopi watcher View Post
    Does your "middle class" not work?
    We'd be talking weekends and evenings I suppose. Like with the track suits. Of course, aside from comfort, pyjamas are the opposite of track suits in terms of what they suggest.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

On the Pyjamas as Daywear? blog, one contributor says: “It’s a welfarist ‘badge of honour’, proclaiming not just that the state funds their leisure time,
    Sounds about right to me. It may not be the intention but it is certainly the impression given by the wearers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To me I think any woman wearing them during the day is a slob and needs a right good kick up the Khyber pass. The worst thing is some of them have kids so I wonder what impression it gives when they drop the kids to school in pajamas.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

people who wear pyjamas during the day are pre-dominantly lazy skangers who think that they are ulra-cool and are somehow trend-setters. End of Debate!

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They should all be done for indecent exposure.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TradCat View Post

Or

Young people huh I used to spend so much time on my anti establishment long hair, Now I am missing a lot of the raw material for same.
    Regards, Pat Gill

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Yaaaaawwwn! Surely there are a lot of other things to worry about than what people wear. Next thing someone will be griping about sarees, kurtas, hijabs, turbans, brown boots ...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Green View Post
    They should all be done for indecent exposure.
    In your case anyway, they are having the desired effect and the reaction craved for, your post has made someone's day
    Regards, Pat Gill

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast