Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Nuala Creane's eulogy for her murdered son

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Nuala Creane's eulogy for her murdered son

Nuala speaks how our thoughts, words and intentions can have a toxic effect, just like a virus manifesting in vulnerable souls; but can I say sometimes words can have a wonderful, positive effect- like Nuala's words had on me!

She gave me some wonderful insights and a different perspective on how we should feel when we are confronted with a dreadful tragedy like the one that has so cruelly befallen her. I thank her for that! My sincere sympathy goes to Nuala and her family!

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manna View Post
    Nuala speaks how our thoughts, words and intentions can have a toxic effect, just like a virus manifesting in vulnerable souls; but can I say sometimes words can have a wonderful, positive effect- like Nuala's words had on me!

She gave me some wonderful insights and a different perspective on how we should feel when we are confronted with a dreadful tragedy like the one that has so cruelly befallen her. I thank her for that! My sincere sympathy goes to Nuala and her family!
    Fantastic woman, powerful speech. Read it and was deeply moved.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's was a truly amazing euology, coming from an ordinary mother who has to suffer such a cruel hand of faith.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When I hear of a death of someone in this tragic way, I know that it is more then the death of one person, it is the death of many people, of the family, and that no words are the right words. Wives, children, grandchildren’s lives are torn apart, there is a sadness that will linger for many years to come.

If there be a God, I hope that Nuala may know light and warmth, where there is now only blackness and smoke, and a cold which cuts and clenches the skin.

May her God bless her and her family

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Obviously you know the pain she must be feeling! Usually most people's words are like empty vessels to me, but Nuala's words left a profound effect on me. She has the most wonderful perspective when confronted with the worst fate that God could throw at someone.
    Last edited by manna; 29th August 2009 at 03:36 AM.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just saw Nuala Creane is challenging the AG and Minister of Justice about the handling of the Shane Clancy death inquest. I think it is important to her, as there was no murder trial,and that the inquest being the only judicial forum for her son's murder to be investigated, that it was conducted in a fair and balanced manner. I recall Clancy's mother on the Late Late show with some quirky psychiatrist blaming everything on the depression drugs and link to suicide, and I think subsequently this theory was put forward at the inquest without being debated or questioned - no wonder the Creanes are unhappy - afterall Clancy did go to Dunnes Stores to buy a set of knives in the middle of the night - can his mother blame the drugs for that too? The Creanes need closure and a full investigation into what happened. I hope they persevere and get justice for their murdered son!