Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A FF Ard Fheis speech from 2005

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default A FF Ard Fheis speech from 2005

Listen to the first 3 mins. Would make your blood boil.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIkh_UviAyI"]YouTube - The Arrogance of Fianna Fail[/ame]

The full speech can be seen here

Minister John O'Donoghue Addresses Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis, October 2005.

I have written down the First 3 mins of this Ard Fheis speech (well when Junket John starts)

A Chairde do you remember this?

“I can hear the bells of Dublin
    In this lonely waiting room
    And the paperboys are singing in the rain
    Not too long before they take us
    To the airport and the night
    To get on board a trans-atlantic plane
    We've got nothing left to stay for
    We've got no more left to save
    And there isn't any work for us to do
    So farewell you boys and girls
    Another Bloody flight of Earls
    Our best asset is our best export too.”

It is not that long ago

It is not that long ago since Ireland yielded up its youth
    To London, New York, Melbourne and beyond.
    It is not that long ago
    Since the Dole Queue was the only alternative to leaving this country.
    It is not that long ago
    Since this country hovered on the brink of economic oblivion
    And it is not that long ago
    Since Ireland was crippled by mass unemployment, rampant inflation and the highest debt per capita in the world.
    It is not that long ago
    Since there was a feeling of hopelessness, a feeling of helplessness and a feeling of despair stalking the land.

The Opposition say that this is ancient history – The so called alternative government say that this is something we should forget
    They want the Irish people to engage in a mass act of collective amnesia. Why what is it they want us to forget?

They want the people to forget that the last time FG & Labour were elected to government; Ireland had a higher debt per capita then some third world countries
    They want people to forget that during their tenure, emigration was endemic and over 30,000 Irish people left Ireland for good every single year
    They want people to forget that 17% of the Adult were without a Job
    They want people to forget that PAYE workers were taxed as high as 65p in every pound,
    They want people to forget that inflation stood at 21%, That National debt was 105% and GNP and Interest rates exceeded 20%

They want people to forget that the London Times infamously wrote that the International Money lenders were going to pull the shutters down on Ireland.

Delegates, I am here to tell you this even that there will be no forgetting and Fianna Fail is not going Back…….

Ireland will reach a crossroads soon when the Irish people must decide whether to go forward with us or gamble with FG, Labour or the Green.

We will not forget Fianna Fail. We will not Forget.
    Last edited by Iarmhi Gael; 27th January 2011 at 04:39 PM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jeez, but it's true, isn't it - the bigger and more barefaced the lies, the easier people swallow them!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For the next election all the opposition parties have to do is play play that speech.

Will come back to haunt them

Thanks, I nearly smashed my Laptop!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have written out the First 4 mins of the Speech.....

I also smashed my laptop. I'm using the children's PC

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iarmhi Gael View Post
    I have written out the First 4 mins of the Speech.....

I also smashed my laptop. I'm using the children's PC
    This really makes me feel sick. Listening to this in a house that im worknig night and day to keep but one that will be taken from me in the end.Im not just insulted by the man but also by everyone in his constiuency who may give him a vote in the next election.

I cant upload videos from you tube but have a look at paddy reilly,live at 3. He is singing this song in 1988 on hte programme and He could easily be singing it again today to an even more desperate country.

Thanks Fianna Fail you all deserve to be shot

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This man is just another example of what is wrong with Irish Politics. How on earth did he ever get to the cabinet table. Another Fianna Fail gombeen!
    Check out the rest of his speech....if it made your blood boil at the beginning it would nearly make you cry in pity for the people who vote for him and his collegues!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This man has to go NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trans-Siberian View Post
    This really makes me feel sick. Listening to this in a house that im worknig night and day to keep but one that will be taken from me in the end.Im not just insulted by the man but also by everyone in his constiuency who may give him a vote in the next election.
    Sorry to hear that. I hope as a country we can turn to ourselves and community for support and not rely on false gods like our government.

best of luck to you

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unfortunately there are plenty of victims out there of the mess which Fianna Fail have been responsable for. As a Donegal person I am absolutely ashamed to say that the current Tanaiste is from here and gets elected on a regular basis. And when you hear people defending her and her collegues it makes you feel as if we are wasting our time and is the country so steeped in its Conservative outlook will it ever change?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast