Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defeated Cllr joins Dempsey benefactor on NRA board.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Defeated Cllr joins Dempsey benefactor on NRA board.

Dempsey gives FF member roads job - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie
    Quote Originally Posted by Indo
    TRANSPORT Minister Noel Dempsey has given a state job worth €8,000 a year to a Fianna Fail party member who was defeated in the local elections.
    Noel Dempsey has appointed Defeated Councillor Clifford Kelly to the board of the NRA where he will join Dempsey benefactor Raymond Potterton.
    The future saviour of the Irish Economy: Charles Darwin

Politics.ie Member FutureTaoiseach's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Underlines the need for US-style Senate confirmation hearings for state-appointments, to weed out this kind of cronyism. Appointments to state-boards should be advertised and on the basis of merit - not party-allegiance.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FutureTaoiseach View Post
    Underlines the need for US-style Senate confirmation hearings for state-appointments, to weed out this kind of cronyism. Appointments to state-boards should be advertised and on the basis of merit - not party-allegiance.
    Whatever about party allegiance I'm confident that party donations are never considered in such appointments by Noel Dempsey nor other ministers.
    The future saviour of the Irish Economy: Charles Darwin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This twit is also a member on the board of Pobal Board of Directors

He is also the same guy
    A FIANNA Fáil councillor who lost his seat in the party's local election bloodbath has pledged to take out newspaper advertisements offering a €5,000 reward for information about the people behind a 'smear campaign' against him.

Clifford Kelly, from Kingscourt, Co Cavan, will take out the ads in The Anglo Celt newspaper offering the reward to anyone who helps him find the author of a scurrilous letter that made a "personal" allegation about him. The letter was circulated during the election campaign and Kelly believes it contributed to his downfall.

Even though Fianna Fáil lost 84 council seats nationally on 5 June, the loss of Kelly's seat in the Bailieborough electoral area in Cavan came as a major upset locally as he was a well-respected sitting councillor since 1985.

Kelly garnered 872 first-preference votes but he was a casualty of the election following a strong performance by Fine Gael in the area and the lack of transfers from his party colleagues.
    ?5,000 reward to track alleged smear campaigners

A question i would have is qualifications does he have to do the job ?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bloody Disgraceful. This guy would turn up to FF CDC meeting to which I attended in a new Mercedes E Class. Being new at the time I enquired his occupation, solicitor, developer? No he was a full time public rep. On County Council, Board of NW tourism, DKIT, VEC, Pobal etc. Lifestyle funded by "Allowances".
    To the best of my knowledge has no pertinent qualifications.
    As an ordinary FFer this is the kind of bloody thing that the party needs to get rid of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are we still surprised with these type of appointments?

bring down the government.
    Free Speech, Free the P.ie 3.

Mr Crowley, 5intheface and Gruffalo......

We demand justice for our comrades

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Digout View Post
    One of Dempsey's associates described him as bright, and "a grafter and go-getter". He said Dempsey was outgoing, and active in the local GAA club in Trim.

He also said that the Dempsey family was very closely knit,with obvious connections to Fianna Fail, Noel Dempsey's party.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CavanFF View Post
    Bloody Disgraceful. This guy would turn up to FF CDC meeting to which I attended in a new Mercedes E Class. Being new at the time I enquired his occupation, solicitor, developer? No he was a full time public rep. On County Council, Board of NW tourism, DKIT, VEC, Pobal etc. Lifestyle funded by "Allowances".
    To the best of my knowledge has no pertinent qualifications.
    As an ordinary FFer this is the kind of bloody thing that the party needs to get rid of.
    CavanFF, how much of this is going on in FF? Is it as bad as one would assume?

What needs to happen for a change? Is this endemic to the FF party, or just to FF Minister's?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And the Greens stay silent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast