Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bank Bondholders - Just who are they?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Bank Bondholders - Just who are they?

Seeing as we are expected to bail them out, surely we should know who we are bailing out, and how much their liability is?

I'm asking any legal heads here if there is any mechanism that can be used to find this information?

Could the supreme court be used for a case to find this information?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How many developers are amongst them? Would be nice to know. Or people of related industry.

Such as Quinn, who was/is stakeholder of what bank?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christel View Post
    How many developers are amongst them? Would be nice to know. Or people of related industry.

Such as Quinn, who was/is stakeholder of what bank?
    I would like to know if there any politicians, as this would be a conflict of interest when they vote in the Dail for SCAMA.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Digout View Post
    I would like to know if there any politicians, as this would be a conflict of interest when they vote in the Dail for SCAMA.
    I thought od them as well.

But I'd see a conflict of interest also if there were developers that have bad loans.

What would happen in such a case? Would a bank be able to go for their money due for the loans? And taking it away from their own shareholders, who I understand are financing the bank, if they were the same people? (My understanding of all this is lacking.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christel View Post

But I'd see a conflict of interest also if there were developers that have bad loans.
    Very good point, did not think of this. Or another angle, if developers who give "donations" to FF are bondholders ?

The information has to be made public. Can this information be released by taking a supreme court case?

A good place to start is the register of TD's interests at:
    Register of Members Interests - Dáil Eireann 1 January 2008 to 31 December 2008 - Tithe an Oireachtais
    bit of a slog but will pass a couple of hours...

For instance a cerain Mr. Ahern:
    Bertie (Dublin Central)

1. Occupational Income …….. (1)AHERN Voluntary member of Global Agenda Council: World Economic Forum, 91-93 Route de la Capite, CH-1223 Cologny/Geneva, Switzerland; (2) Speaker for World Lecture Agency: Washington Speakers Bureau, 1663 Prince Street, Alexandria, VA22314, USA; (3) Compere for RTE Road to Croker programme: Ventry, Co. Kerry.

Other Information Provided: (3) fee received donated to local GAA Club.

2. Shares …………………….. Nil

3. Directorships……………… (1) Director-Vice Chairman of Advisory Board: Parker Green International, Drumalane Mill, Newry, Co. Down: internationally established private property development and investment company; (2) Voluntary Member of the Board: Co-operation Ireland, 20 Herbert Place, Dublin 2: developing links between all communities living on the island of Ireland.

4. Land ……………………… Nil

5. Gifts ……………………… Honorary Membership of Clontarf Golf Club for the year 2008: Clontarf Golf Club.

Other Information Provided: I do not receive any material benefit from this as I do not play golf.

6. Property and Service …….. See Donation Statement for 2008 (Form 2) under the Electoral Act 1997 (as amended).

7. Travel Facilities ………….. (1) Flights and attendance at European Cup Final in Moscow 20/21 May '08: The Chello Foundation, Michelin House, 81 Fulham Road, London; (2) Flights, accommodation in New York 12/13 June, attending the International Foundation for the protection of Human Rights Defenders. As the Aer Lingus flight was cancelled one of the organisers gave me a seat on a private jet return; (3) Flights to and from London, 28 June '08: speaker at Chello Foundation Ball; (4) Flights and accommodation in Malta, 8-11th September: Parker Green International, Drumalane Mill, Newry, Co. Down; (5) Flights return to London and accommodation, 19-20 September: Irish Post Awards; (6) Flights and accommodation, New York 24-26 September: Co-operation Ireland, 20 Herbert Place, Dublin 2; (7) Flights and accommodation to Equador, 29 September-3 October: Washington Speakers Bureau, 1663 Prince Street, Alexandra, VA22314, USA; (8) Flights and accommdoation to Korea, 13-16 October: Washington Speakers Bureau; (9) Flights and accommodation to London, 17-18 October: Boyne Trust House of Lords.

Other Information Provided: Since retiring as Taoiseach, I have attended a large number of functions for charities, practically all on the island of Ireland for which no costs are received. Details of all other functions attended outside of Ireland are provided on Part 7- Travel Facilities.

8. Remunerated Position ……. Nil

9. Contracts …………………. Nil

Like the bit about the golf club!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does anybody have any suggestions on how we can find out who the bondholders are?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Digout View Post
    Does anybody have any suggestions on how we can find out who the bondholders are?
    you might be able to get them from a Bloomberg terminal. The Bloomberg website does not have enough detail

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I doubt very much that this info is possible to extract. Any more than the shareholders of regular companies are possible to pinpoint.
    When you see the words "Mises" or "Hayek" in someone's post, just ask yourself: do I really want to ban paper money and go back to gold?

You have to pity the kind of people who buy into conspiracy theories. I find the following to be the saddest words on the internet: "Re: connection between Bilderberg puppet lady gaga and viral outbreak in ukraine "

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast