Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O'Gara/Stubbs/Dunner

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default O'Gara/Stubbs/Dunner

O'Gara in Stubbs Gazette over debt of €1,747 - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

Interesting article, could this be a precursor for Bertie if the Dunner does not get his way down in Ballsbridge.

Politics.ie Member powderfinger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stanley this story also appears in the I.T.
    Property agency secures O'Gara court judgments - The Irish Times - Wed, Aug 19, 2009

While the Indo mentions Dunne.The Irish Times connects a company associated with Séan Mulryan's Ballymore as a party to the judgement.
    Can anyone clear up the disparity reported?
    Last edited by powderfinger; 19th August 2009 at 06:10 PM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by powderfinger View Post
    Stanley this story also appears in the I.T.
    Property agency secures O'Gara court judgments - The Irish Times - Wed, Aug 19, 2009

While the Indo mentions Dunne.The Irish Times connects a company associated with Séan Mulryan's Ballymore as a party to the judgement.
    Can anyone clear up the disparity reported?

The answer is I dont know but the Dunner and ROG are meant to be big mates, attending each other's weddings.

The amount is small though and this Stubbs listing is meant to embarass him.

Politics.ie Member Lloyd-Apjohn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Funny how ROG ended up in Stubbs probably cos he is too stupid/lazy to get his finances in order and the firm he owes money to pursued him for it while all the other wasters who owe millions get to have private meetings with the bank bending over backwards to help them.

Just goes to show if you owe the bank €1000 they own you but if you owe them €100,000,000 you own them!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Why does Bertie ( I`m not interested in money ) have any "dealings" with Dunner ?

I`d say Dunner is looking forward to baNAMA

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd-Apjohn View Post
    Funny how ROG ended up in Stubbs probably cos he is too stupid/lazy to get his finances in order and the firm he owes money to pursued him for it while all the other wasters who owe millions get to have private meetings with the bank bending over backwards to help them.

Just goes to show if you owe the bank €1000 they own you but if you owe them €100,000,000 you own them!
    Except he didn't owe any bank anything, so it just goes to show nothing really.

Politics.ie Member Lloyd-Apjohn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hal View Post
    Except he didn't owe any bank anything, so it just goes to show nothing really.
    How do you know? You don't get into Stubbs for no reason and if they were sending him letters for an account he didnt owe than it's pretty easy to sort it out if it's a mistake ie you get a letter telling you that you owe X amount and you think, err no I don't, then you ring who sent you the letter and put them right.

Or else you follow the ROG route and ignore the letter, and the next one, and the phone call and the next letter and the one after that, then ignore the debt collection letter, the follow up, the phone call, the court summons letter, the follow up and then the letter from Stubbs.

Easy to know which political party ROG backs from his attitude to his finances - is he immune from paying his bills just because he scored a few tries?
    Last edited by Lloyd-Apjohn; 20th August 2009 at 11:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He's hasn't been right since he got that knock on the head in SA.

Cost us the tour.

If he can't see a 15 stone SA back catching a ball, how's he supposed to see a letter headlined 'final demand'?
    Blessed be the threadmakers.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stanley View Post
    The answer is I dont know but the Dunner and ROG are meant to be big mates, attending each other's weddings.

The amount is small though and this Stubbs listing is meant to embarass him.
    If Dunner is advising him on best practise in bill paying it is little wonder it reached Stubbs.

Maybe an oversight but I'd have a nagging suspicion that arrogance and belligerence might be the root.

Irish people's attitude to bill paying is simply atrocious.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anorakphobia View Post
    If Dunner is advising him on best practise in bill paying it is little wonder it reached Stubbs.

Maybe an oversight but I'd have a nagging suspicion that arrogance and belligerence might be the root.

Irish people's attitude to bill paying is simply atrocious.

Have read ROG's book comes across as an honest and sincere guy who pays attention to detail, this Stubb's listing would embarass him, this stinks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast