Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Tralee the roughtest town in Ireland?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Is Tralee the roughtest town in Ireland?

Good piece in the Sindo today (!) about how rough Tralee has become over the last few years. Anyone who has visited will probably have noticed the higher than average number of scumbags and general low class inbreds that seem to have infested our fair town. As a man who has travelled to many different countries, and experienced some pretty hairy neighbourhoods and situations, I can honestly say that Tralee is by far the roughest place I have ever been, and the only place where I genuinely feel threatened on a night out. Many people have commented that the place is now much worse than Limerick, and on any average day you will observe gangs of youths floating around town looking for their next robbery/assault victim.
    What gets your vote for roughest town?

Home of the Rose is now plagued with thorns - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Tayto View Post
    Good piece in the Sindo today (!) about how rough Tralee has become over the last few years. Anyone who has visited will probably have noticed the higher than average number of scumbags and general low class inbreds that seem to have infested our fair town. As a man who has travelled to many different countries, and experienced some pretty hairy neighbourhoods and situations, I can honestly say that Tralee is by far the roughest place I have ever been, and the only place where I genuinely feel threatened on a night out. Many people have commented that the place is now much worse than Limerick, and on any average day you will observe gangs of youths floating around town looking for their next robbery/assault victim.

Home of the Rose is now plagued with thorns - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

i understand the place is full of tinkers

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I visit Tralee fairly often - seems ok. But I have not experienced it late at night and have heard of problems with roaming gangs. Canīt see why these should be any problem for the gardai as the town centre is fairly compact - but I have heard stories of the lads not being terribly interested in reports of the problem !!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I visit Tralee fairly often - seems ok. But I have not experienced it late at night and have heard of problems with roaming gangs. Canīt see why these should be any problem for the gardai as the town centre is fairly compact - but I have heard stories of the lads not being terribly interested in reports of the problem !!
    The town can be rough at times during the day, but night time is when the real animals come out to play. And the guards have a pretty lax attitude when it comes to fighting, they only arrest the worst of the worst as there are only 7 cells in the station! I remember one fight in town where they were all tearing strips off each other, a passing squad car pulls up, cops rolls down the window and shouts :"right lads, that's enough, break it up!" They gave it a few minutes, and drove off again. Drive by policing, an interesting and exciting new concept in law enforcement......anywhere else it would be a night in the cells!

A zero tolerance policy is needed in Tralee now, I wonder could they build temporary cells for holding the scumbags?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no way
    tralee is one of the best towns in this country
    just a few rough families are causing all this trouble, can be handled, fling them out
    Are you serious? Have you been out at night in Tralee lately? It's like downtown Fallujah!

though its been some time since i've been there it was always a bit rough and a bit of a dump to be honest, and in the current climate i'd not expect it to get any better in the foreseeable future

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daffodil View Post
    no way
    tralee is one of the best towns in this country
    just a few rough families are causing all this trouble, can be handled, fling them out
    Are you for real..............please take off the rose tinted glasses

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lads,
    I saw 'I am Legend' on Sky the other night. Now that is what I call things being fairly rough at night.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wonder could they build temporary cells for holding the scumbags?
    Naah, why would the state be bothered? There's no corporate or vested interest suffering, only plebs, sorry, citizens involved. But there is a mobile jail that the cops have got, and it's seen plenty of service up in Co. Mayo (guess where?) this year so far. Ye might have immense regard for yerselves in the so-called Kingdom but you are nothing to Biffo et al when compared to Oireland Inc.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I doubt if its the 'roughest town' in Ireland. I am sure there are estates in Limerick and Dublin much worse but it has to be conceded that the Town has gone progressively downhill in recent years. The article is pretty much on the money and not at all overdone or sensationalist. The 'scumbags' you refer to are the marauding gangs of teenage and younger pavees who seem to be able to rob premises at will in broad daylight without any fear of any retribution or the Justice system.

As Cusack points out the Castle Street end at Moyderwell is full of low rent ethnic shops and takeaways and is really rundown. Plus that is where the flat of the Czech woman with the 183 deals of crystal meth also is, it is actually on the laneway main entrance to the biggest primary school in Tralee!!

The unemployment rate is certainly extremely high in Tralee and with Amman going and the remaining industry all looking as if they are on the way out there is just no employment driver in Town outside of the public sector which is of course itself looking to contract.

Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast