Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 450 jobs to go in coolock

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default 450 jobs to go in coolock

Cadbury's has announced that 450 jobs are to go in coolock, and they balme rising costs in energy as Ireland's energy costs are 30% higher than in the UK, this is just another example of how this government is making Ireland less competitive in an international market, the government has been asked to attract new job oppurtunities for coolock by Fine Gael's deputy leader Richard Bruton.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: 450 jobs to go in coolock

Quote Originally Posted by pfkf
    Cadbury's has announced that 450 jobs are to go in coolock, and they balme rising costs in energy as Ireland's energy costs are 30% higher than in the UK, this is just another example of how this government is making Ireland less competitive in an international market, the government has been asked to attract new job oppurtunities for coolock by Fine Gael's deputy leader Richard Bruton.
    Okay well we can see that FG are really on the ball here!!!
    Life is a beautiful magnificent thing, even to a jelly fish ~ Charlie Chaplin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bad News indeed.

Given the age profile of the workers there I think many will find great difficulty in getting jobs with the same pay and conditions in today's Ireland.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

True Catalpa, but 20 years ago people from many backgrounds had trouble finding work in the first place.

BTW, could you tell me where that Solzhenitsyn quote in your sig is from? Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stannis
    True Catalpa, but 20 years ago people from many backgrounds had trouble finding work in the first place.

BTW, could you tell me where that Solzhenitsyn quote in your sig is from? Thanks.
    I can't remember but it would appear to have originated here:

http://www.catholiceducation.org/articl ... l0172.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

merci beaucoup

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this is a directqpute from cadbury's as to why they have decided to let go 450 jobs in coolock :

Cadbury has blamed the job losses on Irelandís rising cost base, including soaring energy costs:
    o Industrial electricity prices are 30% higher than in the UK. Foot dragging by the Government on investment in an electric Interconnector has kept electricity prices in Ireland artificially high;
    o Gas prices for industry are 20% dearer than in the UK;
    o Ireland is a high-cost location for key infrastructures like Waste Management and Transport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I noticed that the reporter on last night's 9 O'Clock RTE News stated that off camera many workers stated they were concerned that their jobs would now be outsourced ....

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catalpa
    I noticed that the reporter on last night's 9 O'Clock RTE News stated that off camera many workers stated they were concerned that their jobs would now be outsourced ....

Your point being?
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Catalpa

Your point being?
    My point being that is polite language for saying the workers were blaming foreigners for ruining their jobs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast