Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rip off Ireland - We are still too exspensive!!!!

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Rip off Ireland - We are still too exspensive!!!!

Prices prices fallling.

Thats what they want you to beleive.

But why then are we still paying too much?

Just returned to Ireland from the UK.

ASDA are selling Brand new Laptops for £200

Sun News paper 20p Ireland well over a euro.

LCD 32 inch telly, Morrissons £250.

Home pc, flatscreen monitor and printer £299 morrisons.

SKY TV far cheaper in the UK, and yet prices here and in the UK are set to rise.

Everything in Ireland is a rip off, and yes whilst some prices are falling, some are going up, and even those that fall we are still more exspensive than our closest neighbour.

Why are we so much more exspensive?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im amazed when i read of falling prices ,not around here anyway.Now i read that petrol prices are down ,so how come taxi fares have gone up so much?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It all comes down to the fact that land is massively too expensive in Ireland for business to run economically. Of course, NAMA is set up to make sure land stays too expensive for business to run efficiently.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So bloody what ?

We`re more expensive than Poland, Spain....................>>

Do you want everyone bar public service to work for the EU average pay scale. Well if you do enjoy the 35% cut in your wages. If you are unemployed - enjoy the 55% cut.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    So bloody what ?

We`re more expensive than Poland, Spain....................>>

Do you want everyone bar public service to work for the EU average pay scale. Well if you do enjoy the 35% cut in your wages. If you are unemployed - enjoy the 55% cut.
    Because we are consistently told that prices are tumbling every day via some media outlet, yet they omit basic food stapels like brand and milk. I'm sorry, buying a 12 pack of crisps and getting one free is not and should not be taken into account in my opinion. Last time I checked, it was all the "goodies" in the supermarkets is where I have seen price cuts, so what does that imply, we eat the wrong foods and add to another healh problem further down the road..

I'll quite happily take a 55% cut as you mention above but NOT while BASIC food is still at absurd prices. and that's only food... Petrol has gone up 20% since January, wheres the deflation in that?

Sorry, I don't buy luxury mansions or cars on a daily basis as these items seem to be dropping faster than the rest...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cael View Post
    It all comes down to the fact that land is massively too expensive in Ireland for business to run economically. Of course, NAMA is set up to make sure land stays too expensive for business to run efficiently.
    I agree with this totally. On another subject, myself and a friend of mine recently spent 10 days travelling down the west coast of Ireland. We definitely noticed two trends and mindsets on our travels: the out and out gombeen on one hand, who charged as much as he could for bed and breakfast and barely grunted when taking your money, and on the other hand a ... how should I put it, say more christian (with a small c) and reasonable person, who couldn't do enough for you, and who was really friendly and reasonably priced.

We need to starve the gombeen of any income.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Beware the spinners.
    Beware the media agenda.

When mortgage interest starts to rise we will get the true picture.

The 5.9% refers to an "average person" - if you get a chance to look at what the average person spends you will be amazed. There are very few "average" people in REAL LIFE.

Politics.ie Member An Gilladaker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As the return to collage is looming i came across these cost for a student per week one is for 2000 the other 2009

Cost of Living

DIT Dublin Institute of Technology - Cost of Living Guide

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would say things are about the same price as last year, the only thing I've noticed marginally cheaper is meat in supermarkets i.e. real meat as opposed to processed own-brand s***. I occasionally even stretch to buying a roast now, such a luxury in this 'agricultural' country!

Lets forget all the Independence nonsense that delivered nothing and re-join the UK.Nationalism and "independence" is a broken promise.Goodbye to the failed Dail and wasteful Senate.The Independence experiment is declared a failure.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast