Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 132

Thread: Katie Taylor to box in Olympics!

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Katie Taylor to box in Olympics!

    Ireland's best athlete has been given the green light to box in the Olympics!

    Women's boxing gets Olympic nod
    Olympic Games: Katie Taylorís dream of fighting for a gold medal at the Olympics in 2012 was granted today after a meeting of the executive of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) in Berlin rubber-stamped the inclusion of women's boxing in the programme for the London Games.


    Women's boxing gets Olympic nod - The Irish Times - Thu, Aug 13, 2009

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member zakalwe1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    C'mon Team Ireland!!!!!
    Posts
    5,288
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Fantastic!
    I liberate minds with my music. That's more important than liberating a few people from apartheid or whatever. - Kanye West

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    81
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    two tarts boxing the boobs off each other as the man looks on. . . Something isnt right. . . . Something just isnt right. . .

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member Kerrygold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Kerry
    Posts
    4,748
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I see you have 666 post tompatrick!

    On the subject of the thread; great news. A real prospect of Ireland getting a Gold!

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member mmrebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In Araf
    Posts
    758
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    At least we are in with a good shout with a gold , Hopefully the rugby will be next.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member LDF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,173
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbysands81 View Post
    Ireland's best athlete has been given the green light to box in the Olympics!

    Women's boxing gets Olympic nod
    Olympic Games: Katie Taylorís dream of fighting for a gold medal at the Olympics in 2012 was granted today after a meeting of the executive of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) in Berlin rubber-stamped the inclusion of women's boxing in the programme for the London Games.


    Women's boxing gets Olympic nod - The Irish Times - Thu, Aug 13, 2009
    Great news. Hopefully one day she will have the "pleasure" of meeting TomPatrick.

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Great athlete, deserves her chance.
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmrebel View Post
    At least we are in with a good shout with a gold , Hopefully the rugby will be next.
    Gaelic Football, Camogie and Hurling would be even better

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member jmayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    661
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tompatrick View Post
    two tarts boxing the boobs off each other as the man looks on. . . Something isnt right. . . . Something just isnt right. . .
    Pound for pound she is probably better than any of our other (male) fighters and she is a damm good footballer to boot.
    Also she always come across as very down to earth and not a bloody prima donna up their own ar** like a lot of our other sportspeople.

    Fair play to her and hopefull she remains injury free and takes home a gold.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    81
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LDF View Post
    Great news. Hopefully one day she will have the "pleasure" of meeting TomPatrick.
    I dont hit girls. . . I ride them. . .

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •