Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: McAuley and Walsh Helped Keep Order In Castlerea

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default McAuley and Walsh Helped Keep Order In Castlerea

The Roscommon Herald 11 Aug edition is running a front page story of how the release of Kevin Walsh and Pearse McAuley may raise security concerns at Castlerea prison. According to the paper the two former IRA inmates helped prison officers keep order in the jail that is severly understaffed. Now there are worries that with the prison filled to capacity the prison staff will find it very difficult to keep all inmates in check.
    I can't find the article on the papers' website so I don't have a link.

Politics.ie Member Supermanpolitician's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fraxinus View Post
    The Roscommon Herald 11 Aug edition is running a front page story of how the release of Kevin Walsh and Pearse McAuley may raise security concerns at Castlerea prison. According to the paper the two former IRA inmates helped prison officers keep order in the jail that is severly understaffed. Now there are worries that with the prison filled to capacity the prison staff will find it very difficult to keep all inmates in check.
    Grasping at straws.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now there are worries that with the prison filled to capacity the prison staff will find it very difficult to keep all inmates in check.
    You mean there is no space for the FG/LP/FF/PD ministers who, not only covered up mass murder & lied to the relatives of the victims, but actively wasted taxpayers' € in collaborating with them. Aw shucks; there was silly me thinking that they were finally about to do some time for their crimes against innocent Irish people.
    FF & FG: Tweedledumb & Tweedledumber. 1 privatises TE, other will privatise ESB

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That seems pretty worrying considering the prison is already "low security". If it's true that two inmates had to help keep order then the public and prison staff could be put at risk.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Just Us View Post
    You mean there is no space for the FG/LP/FF/PD ministers who, not only covered up mass murder & lied to the relatives of the victims, but actively wasted taxpayers' € in collaborating with them. Aw shucks; there was silly me thinking that they were finally about to do some time for their crimes against innocent Irish people.
    Re-open Spike Island for our good friends in the political establishment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's low(medium) security for a reason. Most of the prisoners aren't going to cause trouble unless they're stupid. Compared to real prisons, the place is a cushy number.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Talking

I presume... " we know where you live ".... works in any situation !

Politics.ie Member RetiredProvo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Link to above comment;

Roscommon Herald: New security concerns at Castlerea Prison
    tan Gaucho como el Gaucho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah - good to see the Roscommon Herald fall for the spoofing unit of the IPOA

Also WTF did the journalist mean by this passage:

It is understood that even prison officers had to knock on the door of the IRA prisoners’ house and they would only communicate with sexual offenders when they received a written request.
    cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You mean they were Free State Collaborators? Traitors to both sides then.
    Hope martin isn´t reading this or he´ll regret collecting his gang members from jail.
    Alexander Suvorov: "The bullet is a fool, the bayonet is a fine chap."

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast