Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are the bards poets and song writers gone

Politics.ie Member An Gilladaker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Where are the bards poets and song writers gone

In our past we always had Bards Poets and Songwriters who put into poem and song what was happening. During this recession i have not heard any such poem or song dealing with the recession. Has anyone else

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Louis Walsh has a lot to answer for. since he formed those accursed boy/girl bands all decent musicians have suffered. thankfully it seems the fickle teenagers are growing up and moving on. my faith in the youth is being restored after watching the summer festivals on the box.

Politics.ie Member sauntersplash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by An Gilladaker View Post
    In our past we always had Bards Poets and Songwriters who put into poem and song what was happening. During this recession i have not heard any such poem or song dealing with the recession. Has anyone else
    I would imagine you're not looking very hard.
    "No." - Rosa Parks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We haven't been broke 12 months yet. It won't be long before we start seeing and hearing the new recession arts.

Politics.ie Member sauntersplash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seanmacc View Post
    We haven't been broke 12 months yet. It won't be long before we start seeing and hearing the new recession arts.
    For real artists there is no "...Tiger" times. The soul doesn't recognise such superficialities.
    "No." - Rosa Parks

We're just lazy, we'll get around to it....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iartaoiseach View Post
    Louis Walsh has a lot to answer for. since he formed those accursed boy/girl bands all decent musicians have suffered. thankfully it seems the fickle teenagers are growing up and moving on. my faith in the youth is being restored after watching the summer festivals on the box.
    Decent muscians like who? Johonny Logan, Dicky Rock, Twink, Linda Martin? We have always had more then our fair share of sh*te music and musicians, Lou Walsh just managed to make real money out of it by selling it abroad.

Politics.ie Member An Gilladaker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sauntersplash View Post
    I would imagine you're not looking very hard.
    Actually i did look and there are feck all out there at the moment just happened to hear Christy Moore singing Ordinary man it was a good song and we need more like it

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thac0man View Post
    Decent muscians like who? Johonny Logan, Dicky Rock, Twink, Linda Martin? We have always had more then our fair share of sh*te music and musicians, Lou Walsh just managed to make real money out of it by selling it abroad.
    U2 (not a fan but they at least can write a song/play their instruments) Aslan were decent, Rory Gallagher, the chieftans, thin lizzie(see U2 for comment) emotional fish, geldof could write a decent song, now we have bell X1, lisa hannigan, sharon shannon, damien rice, the corrs(again they at least write their own stuff). I'm sure there are others that could have made it if feckin westlife hadn't hogged the airwaves for 5 years.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Its the moving statues Im waiting for - when they start to dance then we will know we are in deep trouble. Best economic indicator of all !!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast