Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Gerry McGeough to get trial stopped

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Gerry McGeough to get trial stopped

I regard this man as one of the finest patriots we have produced in the last century who has sacrificed beyond all that is reasonable to expect for the cause of Ireland. He is of course due to endure a show trial by the invaders. Unfortunately he seems to have suffered a heart attack, no doubt caused by the stress he has been placed under by the foreigner. I hope that this great Irishman returns to good health and continues to frustrate the enemy.

Can I ask all to remember him in your prayers.

Irish News: Former SF member in attempt to abort trial
    "You Popish rogue" 'ní leomhaid a labhairt sinn
    acht "Cromwellian dog" is focal faire againn
    nó "cia súd thall" go eann gan eagla
    "Mise Tadhg" géadh teinn an t-agallamh

Bodaigh an Cháise táid go hatuireach
    ag filleadh ar a gcéird gach spéice smeartha aca
    gan ghunna, gan chloidheamh gan pinnse chleachtadar
    d'imthigh a mbrígh is tá an cridhe dá ghreada aca.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i regard this man as one of the finest patriots we have produced in the last century who has sacrificed beyond all that is reasonable to expect for the cause of ireland. He is of course due to endure a show trial by the invaders. Unfortunately he seems to have suffered a heart attack, no doubt caused by the stress he has been placed under by the foreigner. I hope that this great irishman returns to good health and continues to frustrate the enemy.

Can i ask all to remember him in your prayers.

Irish news: Former sf member in attempt to abort trial

I heard they where even terrorising his kids at their school.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

Thomas Jefferson

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Get well soon Gerry

Keep the chin up, don't let them break you

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is this in refeernce to his up-coming (edit) "REMOVED charges or the shooting of the off duty policeman?
    Last edited by corelli; 31st July 2009 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Potentially libelous. Provide link to where he was charged with such an offence as initially mentioned

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I haven't heard anything about this Arty. Gerry is a family friend and I don't have access to the Irish News - don't suppose you have more details on that?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wonder would Gerry McGeough be facing any charges if he had stayed with Sinn Fein?? Hope his health improves, he always made some good points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UlickO View Post
    I haven't heard anything about this Arty. Gerry is a family friend and I don't have access to the Irish News - don't suppose you have more details on that?
    I am afraid I cannot say much more, the Irish News reported it yesterday (30 July 2009) and I cannot reproduce the article in deference to their copyright.

The arrest was made in relation to an armed action against a British soldier called Sammy Brush. This disgraceful arrest was done as Gerry left an election count in Omaghin March 2007. They also arrested the brother? of young Aidan McAnespie.

The have had this length of time to get it sorted out. It is clearly an act of political sabotage and is purely vindictive. What other person would be arrested and still wait trial after all this time? You would have thought that the evidence was such that a trial would be speedy given the nature of the arrest and the timescales involved.

I wonder if there will be an apology to Gerry in twenty years time.

By the way the lack of comment from other leaders of Ireland is a disgrace. They should be telling the RUC/PSNI to either piss or get of the pot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PetevonPete View Post
    <Mod> Text removed. </Mod>

I do not know allegations you are referring and I am not aware of any allegations of his shooting a policeman. Please explain both
    Last edited by stringjack; 3rd August 2009 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Part of this post has been removed pending review.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArtyQueing View Post
    I am afraid I cannot say much more, the Irish News reported it yesterday (30 July 2009) and I cannot reproduce the article in deference to their copyright.

The arrest was made in relation to an armed action against a British soldier called Sammy Brush. This disgraceful arrest was done as Gerry left an election count in Omaghin March 2007. They also arrested the brother? of young Aidan McAnespie.

The have had this length of time to get it sorted out. It is clearly an act of political sabotage and is purely vindictive. What other person would be arrested and still wait trial after all this time? You would have thought that the evidence was such that a trial would be speedy given the nature of the arrest and the timescales involved.

I wonder if there will be an apology to Gerry in twenty years time.

By the way the lack of comment from other leaders of Ireland is a disgrace. They should be telling the RUC/PSNI to either piss or get of the pot.
    "What other person would be arrested and still wait trial after all this time?" Well, there are republican prisoners in Maghaberry waiting trial for two years! At least Gerry is not inside. This is a major issue and it is very interesting that such denial of justice through internment by remand cause no concern in Sinn Féin who remain silent on the question. They have clearly bought completely into the British system of control.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jdaly View Post
    "What other person would be arrested and still wait trial after all this time?" Well, there are republican prisoners in Maghaberry waiting trial for two years! At least Gerry is not inside. This is a major issue and it is very interesting that such denial of justice through internment by remand cause no concern in Sinn Féin who remain silent on the question. They have clearly bought completely into the British system of control.
    yes of course - totally unacceptable

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast