Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 111 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: John O Donoghue his wife and the 126k expenses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation John O Donoghue his wife and the 126k expenses

No link as yet but the Sunday tribune has on their front page that he and his wife have claimed 126k in expenses over 2 years now even by normal standards of outrageous expenses this quite excessive and smacks of contempt of ordinary joe public who are taking the brunt of this so called "sharing the pain "
    Another thing why the hell his is wife entitled to claim expenses ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Respect your betters!

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i think there is a distinct lack of understanding amongst members of this site of the true cost of representing your people....dresses, hairdo's, make up, jewellery.....it never ends...........

and in fairness, with the importance of the kerry nation....its seems a paltry amount and indeed good value for money......

I have heard evidence of a couple, claiming benefits, co-habiting and working and they spend about 9k a year on cigarettes! and what do they do for tourism?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Technically have they notched up as much as the Robinsons of the DUP ? hmm l wonder if he bought himself a wee silver gavel to play with @ home ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ministers and TD's careless about the drop in wages ,they can make it up tax free by smacking in expenses.
    A champion of the people emerges with the age-old and appealing promise of "something for nothing" - to be financed through every-increasing taxes. Supply and demand are thrown out of gear - the overhead goes up; the effective use of human energy goes down; the standard of living is lowered because money cannot buy wealth that is not produced.

WEAVER, HENRY GRADY,

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you don't get a community chest card for that. But at least Iris Robinson *actually* is a polrep, unlike Mrs O Donoghue - double claims and scandal aside. Sure FF can do anything cos the Greens support them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

See the speaker in the house of commons resigned because of this kind of thing. Any bets about oul John. I'd put my house on it that he does nothing keeps the job and defends this and John Lenihan says 'well there is nothing I can really do about it' just like he did about TSB upping their rates. I have to stop typing now because my breathing is going cause they are stressing me out so much.
    How many people are going to say well sure you would do it if you had the opportunity. NO I WOULD NOT....before anyone starts with that crap.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If people in small business racked up expenses like this, the Revenue jackboots would be screaming all over them,this just shows ya what they think of joe public and their rotten sense of entitlement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Irish View Post
    See the speaker in the house of commons resigned because of this kind of thing. Any bets about oul John. I'd put my house on it that he does nothing keeps the job and defends this and John Lenihan says 'well there is nothing I can really do about it' just like he did about TSB upping their rates. I have to stop typing now because my breathing is going cause they are stressing me out so much.
    How many people are going to say well sure you would do it if you had the opportunity. NO I WOULD NOT....before anyone starts with that crap.
    A champion of the people emerges with the age-old and appealing promise of "something for nothing" - to be financed through every-increasing taxes. Supply and demand are thrown out of gear - the overhead goes up; the effective use of human energy goes down; the standard of living is lowered because money cannot buy wealth that is not produced.

WEAVER, HENRY GRADY,

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

l'd forgotten about the Speaker. l do not think the govt give two nellies about anyone, the more political office is debased the better it is for FF/Green. They reward corruption with perks and proffesorships and the media play along. What a bunch of chancers some people voted for *yawns*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

€120 hat hire for an assistant.

€250 water taxi ride from the airport to the hotel in Venice. Takes 15 minutes.

Department levied a charge on the Tribune of €523 for furnishing the info under what is laughably called Freedom of Information.
    Last edited by He3; 26th July 2009 at 01:29 PM.
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair.

Page 1 of 111 123451151101 ... LastLast