Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 90

Thread: How Messed up is the Post 9/11 Extradition Treaty with Britain ?: The Mc Kinnon case.

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    worker bee in the P.ie bee-hive.
    Posts
    636
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default How Messed up is the Post 9/11 Extradition Treaty with Britain ?: The Mc Kinnon case.

    They could have offered the man a job, rather than torture him...

    One person has been sought for extradition to the US since the instigation of a post 9/11 terrorist Treaty.
    Interestingly he is an Asphergers Syndrome sufferer who hacked the Pentagon and left a message, to whit :

    "Your security is sh'ite..." and indeed it was.....

    This man who has fought for years to avoid extradition failed yet again to have his case reviewed by the House of
    Commons, leading to the resignation of Andrew Mc Kinlay MP, his reason, his fellows MPs (64 of them) followed
    Party diktat despite supporting Mc Kinnon's inital claims, story here:

    Andrew MacKinlay MP quits over hacker Gary McKinnon's extradition - Telegraph : [Today]

    It's up to Obama now to familiarise himself with the case of Mc Kinnon, the issue of Autism spectrum and the ECHR
    fight, given that disability-aware Scot Gordon Brown would rather put his economic special relationship
    and associated Treaties ahead of his responsibility to his own Constituents:

    Extradition treaty sees only one terror suspect sent to US - Telegraph: [Ongoing MSM]

    The utter failure of ex Home-Secretary Jackboots Smith to key the difference between a man who hacked
    the Pentagon and the continued abuse of the offices of parliament and the ECHR for actual offences is
    illuminated by the ongoing Qatada case:

    http://www.politics.ie/foreign-affai...bu-qatada.html [Jihad Lawyers are V expensive]

    That all dissolved like so many wispy fragrances and red-eyed interviews on £10 pound porno expenses by her hubby
    and the endless salacious details of exactly which MP spent what on what they shouldn't.... The sublime meets
    the ludicrious wherein one single Person who readily admits his guilt and wants to do his time near his family is tortured
    by a system which allows Islamic hate crime thrive and rationalise itself through the very courts upon which jihad is declared!!!!!

    it's a funny old world innit?

    Related Links:
    http://www.politics.ie/current-affai...countdown.html
    [P.ie]
    http://www.politics.ie/current-affai...es-appeal.html [P.ie]
    Free Gary McKinnon - or at least try him in the UK [Gary's Pages]

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    The Extradition Treaty is a disgrace. Totally unjust, and against the basic principles of legal proceedings - the need for evidence before proceedings can begin. There is no need for a case to be made before extradition takes place. The Americans can ask for whomever they want without providing evidence.

    Of course, it was this Treaty that the US was trying to use when they attempted to sprit SeŠn Garland to the US from Belfast in 2005. And still they are attempting to persecute him, this time using the Irish courts when they have no evidence. Oppose the extradition of SeŠn Garland

    Stop the Extradition of Sean Garland

    http://www.seangarland.org/frameup.html

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    worker bee in the P.ie bee-hive.
    Posts
    636
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garibaldy View Post
    The Extradition Treaty is a disgrace. Totally unjust, and against the basic principles of legal proceedings - the need for evidence before proceedings can begin. There is no need for a case to be made before extradition takes place. The Americans can ask for whomever they want without providing evidence.

    Of course, it was this Treaty that the US was trying to use when they attempted to sprit SeŠn Garland to the US from Belfast in 2005. And still they are attempting to persecute him, this time using the Irish courts when they have no evidence. Oppose the extradition of SeŠn Garland

    Stop the Extradition of Sean Garland

    A Case Study in Political Frame-ups
    I don't mean to be rude, but could you start a Garland thread. This thread is about Mc Kinnon, if you check the OP you will
    see that he is actually the only person to be extradited via Britain under the warrant.

    Thus his case would be of a pressing nature given his asphergers etc, also he has said he is guilty and wants to go to
    jail in the UK.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ent-to-US.html

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dot View Post
    I don't mean to be rude, but could you start a Garland thread. This thread is about Mc Kinnon, if you check the OP you will
    see that he is actually the only person to be extradited via Britain under the warrant.

    Thus his case would be of a pressing nature given his asphergers etc, also he has said he is guilty and wants to go to
    jail in the UK.

    Extradition treaty sees only one terror suspect sent to US - Telegraph
    The OP is wrong to say he is the only person, but I was too polite to point that out. Those three bankers were extradited under it. And there was an Islamist. Mc Kinnon hasn't been sent yet. Nor should he be. Nor should anyone under this Treaty.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    worker bee in the P.ie bee-hive.
    Posts
    636
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Extradition treaty sees only one terror suspect sent to US - Telegraph

    Do I have to reiterate, were the bankers terrorists??

    a-l-l-e-g-e-d-l-y

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    The OP says this

    "One person has been sought for extradition to the US since the instigation of a post 9/11 terrorist Treaty.
    Interestingly he is an Asphergers Syndrome sufferer who hacked the Pentagon and left a message, to whit :"

    Your previous comment says this

    "This thread is about Mc Kinnon, if you check the OP you will
    see that he is actually the only person to be extradited via Britain under the warrant"

    Actually, the only terror suspect is an Islamist. McKinnon has not been extradited yet. And the Treaty has been used against others. And is in the process of being used against more. I have responded to the language you have used. If there is imprecision, then don't blame me. Anyway, I'd like to stay and squabble, but I'm off to a meeting about the Garland case.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    worker bee in the P.ie bee-hive.
    Posts
    636
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garibaldy View Post
    The OP says this

    "One person has been sought for extradition to the US since the instigation of a post 9/11 terrorist Treaty.
    Interestingly he is an Asphergers Syndrome sufferer who hacked the Pentagon and left a message, to whit :"

    Your previous comment says this

    "This thread is about Mc Kinnon, if you check the OP you will
    see that he is actually the only person to be extradited via Britain under the warrant"

    Actually, the only terror suspect is an Islamist. McKinnon has not been extradited yet. And the Treaty has been used against others. And is in the process of being used against more. I have responded to the language you have used. If there is imprecision, then don't blame me. Anyway, I'd like to stay and squabble, but I'm off to a meeting about the Garland case.
    Maybe when you return , you could publish it on a separate thread and I will read it therein.

    I based the OP on the contrast between the Qatada and Mc Kinnon cases and would be interested
    in responses there. It is also in the Foreign Affairs Forum.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ent-to-US.html

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member The Caped Cod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,595
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    In an interview I've seen with McKinnon where he claimed that all though he entered the system by unlawful meas it wasn't even password protected. He claimed it was more about what he'd managed to see before being caught, or what they're afraid he might have saw I don't remember exactly.
    This is a disgrace. Perhaps they're trying to make an example of him.
    "Authority that cannot be questioned is tyranny and I will not accept tyranny, any tyranny, even that of heaven."
    - Terry Pratchett

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Newbie eurosceptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    83
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Think that is bad try the european arrest warrant.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    worker bee in the P.ie bee-hive.
    Posts
    636
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    all they have done is make a rather hollow example of themselves, esp Brown.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •