Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Permanent TSB raise mortgage interest rates

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Permanent TSB raise mortgage interest rates

Permanent TSB raise the standard variable mortgage interest rates, averaging a 15 Euro increase in monthly repayments.

Will the othe banks follow suit?

And how will the increase effect the 'cost of living index' that so many have been saying have been dropping? Seeing as morgage repayments are used as part of the 'cost of living index'.

Twill have a major effect on anyone who has a P-TSB mortgage and has recently lost their job, as well as anyone who still has their job.
    The enemy of my enemy is the enemy of my enemy. EU Army coming to be, the feckin' conspiracy nuts on Lisbon were right on this one.

birthday

There is another thread on this already.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by birthday View Post
    There is another thread on this already.
    Did't see it. Link please.

edit. Ah, found it in Current Affairs. I would have thought it best under Economy. Your title isn't too clear.
    Last edited by myksav; 24th July 2009 at 10:26 AM. Reason: addendum
    The enemy of my enemy is the enemy of my enemy. EU Army coming to be, the feckin' conspiracy nuts on Lisbon were right on this one.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The funny thing is.. we bailed these cretins out with billions of public funds. For which we are feeling the brunt in taxes, Social charges, and other rate hikes. Child benefits have dropped ludicrously low.

Looking over my finances over the last year, the banks have been directly responsible for a reduction in my own disposable income of over €300 per month BEFORE you add in the extra charges for fuel, goods, etc; I (as many others in this position) take this from areas that I usually spend on the Irish Economy and simply move more of my personal spending outside the country to try afford the costs of feeding and clothing my family. The loss of many jobs due to less spending of money in the Irish Economy resulting in companies not being able to sell their wares, the mass exodus of buyers to the North to try save money, and whats more: college students to a whopping 75% have stated they will be leaving the country after graduation should not surprise anyone. There goes our hope of having a skilled workforce to offer the world's companies looking to invest here.

It made me livid last year when a senior banker on the radio, when asked how households should pay for the increases they were already imposing back then, says quite blithely "oh they should get a better budget". Budget?!? You stole my money cretin. Get your own budget and stop stealing even more from me.

Now the little gremlins are looking to bump up the rates AGAIN; despite another recent round of funding to various banks. Why the hell we are tolerating this nonsense is beyond me. Lynch mob at noon if they carry out this threat is my thinking.