Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Bus Transport for Students

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Free Bus Transport for Students

If pensioners can get free bus passes, then so should I. Third-level students already face enough financial pressure from regristration fees, high food and accomodation prices, and the threat of E5.00 pints. Isn't it time that the 130,000 students should be granted free transport with Bus Eireann so as to make their lives that little bit easier. After all, lets face it, which group is more important, pensioners or students. . .

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hear hear. However I believe it is time that free transport be rolled out to all levels of student. This would help signifcantly reduce expences for families and students as well as benifit the public transport system.
    Life is a beautiful magnificent thing, even to a jelly fish ~ Charlie Chaplin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Free Bus Transport for Students

Quote Originally Posted by emmet100
    After all, lets face it, which group is more important, pensioners or students. . .
    Arrogant liitle sh1t.

You think you are more "important" than the people who keep the country going through the pre-Cetlic tiger days.

You should be ashamed of your ingratitude.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by White Horse
    After all, lets face it, which group is more important, pensioners or students. . .
    Arrogant liitle sh1t.

You think you are more "important" than the people who keep the country going through the pre-Cetlic tiger days.

To be brutally honest, yes, students needs are more important than those of pensioners. Students are already facing difficulties trying to make their way in the world. If you can't face reality then that's your problem. They're also the people who allowed the Proclaimation be betrayed and allowed this country turn into a theocracy, but now I'm getting off topic. I've nothing against pensioners getting free travel and other perks, but theres no reason why young people should get nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you can't face reality then that's your problem. They're also the people who allowed the Proclaimation be betrayed and allowed this country turn into a theocracy, but now I'm getting off topic. I've nothing against pensioners getting free travel and other perks, but theres no reason why young people should get nothing.
    Firstly, a student is the last person to lecture on reality. When you have worked hard, paid you own way, raised a family, and cared for dying parents, you can start lecturing.

Secondly, you are entitled to nothing. Pensioners receive benefits beacuse they earned it, worked for it, and paid taxes for it.

Next time you giving you dirty clothes to your Mummy to wash for you, tell her what you have just discussed.

I hope it's a hard slap.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If pensioners can get free bus passes, then so should I. Third-level students already face enough financial pressure from regristration fees, high food and accomodation prices, and the threat of E5.00 pints. Isn't it time that the 130,000 students should be granted free transport with Bus Eireann so as to make their lives that little bit easier. After all, lets face it, which group is more important, pensioners or students. . .
    And who's going to pay for the cost of all these student bus freebies?

There's nothing free in this life you know.
    I'm back after a self-enforced exile

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie Perrin

The cost of providing such a service would not be that great compared to the millions spent elsewhere. At the very least, Bus Eireann could offer students a year-long pass for unlimited travel for say E100. It would still be a sensible decesion by government.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie Perrin

The cost of providing such a service would not be that great compared to the millions spent elsewhere. At the very least, Bus Eireann could offer students a year-long pass for unlimited travel for say E100. It would still be a sensible decesion by government.
    I've no problem with the idea of a year long pass at a reduced rate. The difficulty is at how much the rate is to be set.

I do have a problem with straight up free travel in the bus for students though.
    I'm back after a self-enforced exile

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by White Horse
    Arrogant liitle sh1t.

To be brutally honest, yes, students needs are more important than those of pensioners. Students are already facing difficulties trying to make their way in the world. If you can't face reality then that's your problem. They're also the people who allowed the Proclaimation be betrayed and allowed this country turn into a theocracy, but now I'm getting off topic. I've nothing against pensioners getting free travel and other perks, but theres no reason why young people should get nothing.
    Itís hard to believe that youíre serious about this.
    Thereís one good reason why students should get nothing free , theyíve earned nothing.

Instead of whinging about what you donít get, you should be on a least one knee, thanking your maker that the rest of us (including people who couldnít go to third level themselves and who canít afford to let their own kids go) are willing to pay for YOUR third level education.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast