Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tory Racism?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Tory Racism?

Well, and rather not surprisingly, the Tory party has decided to play the race card in the forthcoming elections. They are putting immigration at the top of the agenda. This is despite a 2/3’s drop in the number of asylum seekers coming to Brittan in the last year, a relatively low number compared with some countries of a similar size. At the same time they are of course doing nothing to dispel the myths with regard to such asylum seekers, they do not get more welfare than UK citizens, they get less. Many are there because they have suffered torture and had to flee their homeland, they need help and not abuse. But hey, never go wrong however when you pander to the prejudices in society, and in the UK there is a serious problem with racism which will only increase due to this campaign.
    They (Tories) have said they would set a quota system; surely this can not happen, if a person arrives in Brittan and can show that they have fled persecution then they must be allowed to stay under international law. What they are trying to do is quite disgusting, and I hope that they get their answer from the electorate for the lies they are spreading. To quote Moe from the Simpson’s, “All the time they said it was the Bears I knew it was the immigrants”.
    "They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit
    of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken." - Bobby Sands.

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

maybe it was the Bears, helped by the immigants....
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Their Australian helper is behind this; in Oz, they know how to deal with immigants. Drown the ingrate bastads!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So anyone who believes there should be a limit to immigration is a racist?? That's news to me.
    MJ Coughlan,
    Waterford City.
    http://www.bebo.com/mjcoughlan23

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by borderlinegenius
    Their Australian helper is behind this; in Oz, they know how to deal with immigants. Drown the ingrate bastads!
    Flamin' Mongrels.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the Tory party has decided to play the race card
    I was watching Adam Bouton's show on Sky on Sunday, and the head of the Commission for Racial Equality was stating his official position that the Tory debate on immigration control measures is not racist, and that he welcomed it, but that he would monitor it to ensure it didn't cross that line.

This is despite a 2/3’s drop in the number of asylum seekers coming to Brittan in the last year
    on the other hand, for the first time ever (according to Sky News at least), the number of people entering the UK is greater than the number leaving the UK each year (since about 3 years ago), so while asylum seekers shouldn't be a pressing issue, legal and illegal immigration is, regardless of the skin colour of the immigrant.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Tory Racism?

Quote Originally Posted by brenners
    Well, and rather not surprisingly, the Tory party has decided to play the race card in the forthcoming elections. They are putting immigration at the top of the agenda
    Nonsense!
    Anyone with their head above ground can see thaqt the Conservatives are putting Taxation at the top of the agenda.
    Even their MRSA/hospitals policy is being plugged more than immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by brenners
    What they are trying to do is quite disgusting, and I hope that they get their answer from the electorate for the lies they are spreading
    What lies ?!
    Show me one line of their policy on immigration thats a lie!

Or better still, direct your ire at real racists and scare-mongerers, like the pathetic Catalpa, for instance
    "The IRA Army Council have a history of telling the truth. If they say they didn't do it, then I believe them" - Bertie Ahern, speaking after the murder of Det. Garda Jerry McCabe

Quote Originally Posted by mjcoughlan
    So anyone who believes there should be a limit to immigration is a racist?? That's news to me.
    Dude, there is not a single party in Britain which advocates unlimited immigration. Only libertarians do that.

Jesus, even when Anne Widdecombe isn't being a monster, the Tories doctor the evidence to make her look like one.

Poor Ann. Poor, poor Ann. She just can't win.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast