Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 165

Thread: Why do we need foreign media to get unbiased reporting on Corrib

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Why do we need foreign media to get unbiased reporting on Corrib

    Is it possible for the Irish media to defend their biased reporting on the Corrib fiasco.

    How can international media manage to come to a completely different view of the same events.

    Is the reporting stage managed by the state, and if so, Why.
    Regards, Pat Gill

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member davehiggz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    1,117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I didn't know international media cared about corrib? Link? Source?

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,015
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Yeah - Link or source to foreign media please! FFS its the point of your post, dont be so lazy!

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member blacbloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    590
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    This story was first printed in Village, a small circulatin Irish current affairs magazine. It's since been posted on Znet (California), Silobreaker, WIP, Alfred Donovan's US-based 'Royal Dutch Shell' and a bunch of other international web-based news outlets.

    http://www.zcommunications.org/znet/...clePrint/21622

    Irish journalists are sh1t scared of this story, it seems. Mark Garavan, a spokesperson for Shell to Sea has said that he knows for a fact that many have been leaned on for reporting the facts as they really are - some threatened with their jobs and one high profile journalist actually lost his. The forces behind the Corrib scandal are vicious and ruthless.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    150
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blacbloc View Post
    This story was first printed in Village, a small circulatin Irish current affairs magazine. It's since been posted on Znet (California), Silobreaker, WIP, Alfred Donovan's US-based 'Royal Dutch Shell' and a bunch of other international web-based news outlets.

    http://www.zcommunications.org/znet/...clePrint/21622

    Irish journalists are sh1t scared of this story, it seems. Mark Garavan, a spokesperson for Shell to Sea has said that he knows for a fact that many have been leaned on for reporting the facts as they really are - some threatened with their jobs and one high profile journalist actually lost his. The forces behind the Corrib scandal are vicious and ruthless.
    So the story was first printed in an Irish journal, or in other words, foreigners are relying on Irish journalists.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeupcall View Post
    Yeah - Link or source to foreign media please! FFS its the point of your post, dont be so lazy!
    Just in this morning

    Fishermen claim dirty tricks in pipeline fight - Times Online
    Regards, Pat Gill

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,015
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fiannafailure View Post
    Thanks - I feel something very dirty is going on here

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member blacbloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    590
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    So the story was first printed in an Irish journal, or in other words, foreigners are relying on Irish journalists.
    You miss the point. The high circulation national media will not touch this story with anything like the degree of rigour that it should. The editor of the alternative press Village magazine is a departure from the norm. Scott Millar for the Irish Examiner and Lorna Siggins for the Irish Times are probably the best. They offer no opinion either way but they do at least include ALL of the facts, generally speaking. But their reports are always buried deep in the paper/website versions.

    Consider what the outcry would be if one of the Corrib protestors had scuttled the boat of two Shell security men and left them in a raft on the Atlantic coast. The coverage would have been front page news with furious editorials and acres of opinion columns offering wall-to-wall condemnation and outrage. The other way around and most of the media has gone out of its way to bury the filthy crimes committed on both Pat O' Donnell and Willie Corduff. I am in no doubt that these crimes were committed with the full knowledge and connivance of our government, Shell and their mercenaries n Ireland.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member blacbloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    590
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fiannafailure View Post
    Classic mainstream media ommission at the end of that piece. Pat O' Donnell's boat did not sink in 'mysterious circumstances'. The facts are well known but again NOT reported here: he and his crew were held at gunpoint by men in balaclavas and his boat scuttled.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,015
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    There is a very fishey smell from all this CoLAMity...

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •