Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: My few days on PULSE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default My few days on PULSE

For those of you that dont know PULSE stands for Protestant Unionist Loyalist Social Education and it is a forum similar to this or boards.ie but obviously it promotes what it's acronym stands for

I went in with an opened mind i decided to be honest i introduced myself i told them my name, where im from and my views

I was hoping to meet other moderates exchange views and just to talk to to see what they are about

What i came to realise is that racism of anything irish or catholic is so institutionalized amoung your average unionist it is infact frightening, hatred is the only word i can use to describe there attiude towards the republic of ireland, hatred is the only word i can use to describe there attitude towrds the catholic church, every second post regardless of it's topic had to be referenced to the evil catholic church and how we were all raped down south by preists and were nothing but papist scum

Of about 20 or 30 threads i looked at there was some mention of the IRA and sinn fein they are totally obsessed with them

It seems to be a loyalist or unionist you have to know what your not and not what you are there was no promotion of there culture nothing postive whatsoever

To be a unionist of loyalist you have to hate anything irish you have to hate anything catholic that is there culture in a nut-shell

I went in hope and i left disillusioned, these people dont live in the real world it's breed into them form any early age to hate

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unionism is reactionary is nature. They don't define themselves by what they are but define themselves by what they are not.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by luckyfrank View Post
    For those of you that dont know PULSE stands for
    I thought it was the garda computer system

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    I thought it was the garda computer system
    The similarities are frightening. Thick red necks, an average of two brain cells, a penchant for bullying. Only the Unionists have tats and the Guards have better overtime pay.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Interesting what you write about that PULSE. Pretty much what I'd expect from creeps with their laager mentality, though.

At first I thought the PULSE you meant was the Garda computer system, which cost a gazillion and has, seemingly, not been working that well.

Now wouldn't I just love to hack into that system! Especially when I'm safely outside the jurisdiction.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is scary. If fear breeds hatred then there are a lot of frightened Loyalists. There isn't enough positive political leadership coming from Unionism to move away from this culture of hate. Sure look at the example Diane Dodds MEP sets for her Unionist friends to follow...wouldn't even shake the hand of a fellow candidate.
    What were the main topics being discussed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fraxinus View Post
    That is scary. If fear breeds hatred then there are a lot of frightened Loyalists. There isn't enough positive political leadership coming from Unionism to move away from this culture of hate. Sure look at the example Diane Dodds MEP sets for her Unionist friends to follow...wouldn't even shake the hand of a fellow candidate.
    What were the main topics being discussed?
    Sinn Fein and the IRA was being discussed all the time and the catholic church

Those were the main theme's running through the forum in every section just a constant drivel most of which was fantasy

They also have this mentality of being the victims they feel the whole world is against them and guess what ???? Yep it's the irish's fault some how some way they find a reason why when something is wrong or something wronged them they blame the irish

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by luckyfrank View Post
    Sinn Fein and the IRA was being discussed all the time and the catholic church

Those were the main theme's running through the forum in every section just a constant drivel most of which was fantasy

They also have this mentality of being the victims they feel the whole world is against them and guess what ???? Yep it's the irish's fault some how some way they find a reason why when something is wrong or something wronged them they blame the irish
    wow! really??? I mean, totally?? Because that doesn't sound like Ireland at all! it's not like you'd go on some republican forum and have it the very same way such substituting Catholic for Prod and Irish for British. I think you've cracked something here, no, really, I think you've identified the problem of it all: the loyalists. it couldn't just be that in Ireland we love the blame game, it's never us, it's always themuns. isn't that it?
    “Show me the man you honour, and I will know what kind of man you are.” - Thomas Carlyle

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

actually, I just went over there and read what you wrote....and now, i'm not surprised you were hounded out of the place with yer tail between your legs. you went onto a loyalist website preaching the doctrine of a united Ireland and now yer wondering why they were hostile? you might aswell have went onto irishrepublican.net and started preaching about how great the black n' tans were and that the south really should stop all the fuss and just rejoin the union.

well, done....no, really, round of applause for you frank...
    “Show me the man you honour, and I will know what kind of man you are.” - Thomas Carlyle

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just looked. It's a Jockanese site. 'nuff said.

Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast