Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: America Awash With Painkillers & Drug Addicts

Asi-Irish

Default America Awash With Painkillers & Drug Addicts

We have people making references to Orwell's 1984 on Politics.ie. How about some Brave New World?

Kids are turning up in local emergency rooms comatose, overdosed on a near lethal concoction of prescription medications after attending a "pharm party," or just popping pills at school, or with a small group of friends.

2NEWS.TV | 'Pharm parties' gain popularity in eastern Idaho | Boise, Idaho

Would it be fair to say that the US has descended into mass decadence?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Asi-Irish View Post
    We have people making references to Orwell's 1984 on Politics.ie. How about some Brave New World?

Kids are turning up in local emergency rooms comatose, overdosed on a near lethal concoction of prescription medications after attending a "pharm party," or just popping pills at school, or with a small group of friends.

2NEWS.TV | 'Pharm parties' gain popularity in eastern Idaho | Boise, Idaho

Would it be fair to say that the US has descended into mass decadence?
    Better a massively decadent america than a fundamentalist america

Asi-Irish

How about somewhere in the middle?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

No - far, far away from even the faintest odour of American fundamentalism - I much prefer the smell of a good joint

Asi-Irish

I agree about the weed, and I love a drink, but don't you think that this type of abuse of powerful painkillers is very different?

Check out this article:
    Heroin is the most evil and threatening drug on this planet. It’s low cost fuels death to America’s youth and it fuels the Taliban’s efforts to destroy freedom in Afganistan.

Heroin in the Heartland - Watching the Watchers

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I agree about the weed, and I love a drink, but don't you think that this type of abuse of powerful painkillers is very different?

Check out this article:
    Heroin is the most evil and threatening drug on this planet. It’s low cost fuels death to America’s youth and it fuels the Taliban’s efforts to destroy freedom in Afganistan.

Heroin in the Heartland - Watching the Watchers
    Of course I do - but it doesn´t scare me half as much as those fundamentalist fukcers. Actually I spent time in America - NYC - in the late-60´s / early 70´s and compared to what we had in Ireland the place was downright decadent - and I loved it !!!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

they should do what peaches does...

fuck the pain away....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have to say...come up to my A+E any sat night..or even better any Bank Holiday weekend...what about night of the junior cert exams?1st death I dealt with A+E was a 14 yr old girl sniffing glue and drinking....that was 1985!!!!...location is Dublin by the way!!!!!
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fundamental Decadence? Hmmmmm.....Bit of booze, no hard drugs, safe sex......Sounds like a valid lifestyle choice to me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The main prescription drug abused in the US is 'Oxycontin' an opiod, basically synthetic heroin. The pills are prescribed to cancer patients but are crushed up and snorted by users. Pharmacies are regularly held up by addicts, due to the purity and potency of the pills they are more expensive than heroin. I've seen what the drug does to people and it isn't pretty.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast