Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Father's day. Or is it.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Happy Father's day. Or is it.

As a father of three who has just been served my breakfast in bed I am grateful for father's day and the fact I will be spoilt all day by my kids. However, all people like me should remember that many other fathers will not have this treatment.

If I was to seperate from my wife the chances of me getting full custody of the kids are very slight indeed. Is this because I would be a worse career than my wife? Is it because I cannot provide for my children? No, the reason I would be unlikely to get custody of my kids is the fact that I am a man.

So happy fathers day to all but don't forget to think of the good men out there who have been descriminated against and deprived of equal rights in terms of bringing up their children. Also don't forget that it could be you if the laws do not change.

Here's a link to the unmarried and seperated fathers of Ireland website
    Welcome to USFI

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rather than going to the trouble of reading this, can you tell me are these the guys who hang out of buildings in batman suits?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robert151410 View Post
    Rather than going to the trouble of reading this, can you tell me are these the guys who hang out of buildings in batman suits?
    No, you're thinking of fathers for justice over in England. This is an irish group campaigning for fathers' rights and chages to the law, not aware of any superhero involvement over here.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexo View Post
    As a father of three who has just been served my breakfast in bed I am grateful for father's day and the fact I will be spoilt all day by my kids. However, all people like me should remember that many other fathers will not have this treatment.

If I was to seperate from my wife the chances of me getting full custody of the kids are very slight indeed. Is this because I would be a worse career than my wife? Is it because I cannot provide for my children? No, the reason I would be unlikely to get custody of my kids is the fact that I am a man.

So happy fathers day to all but don't forget to think of the good men out there who have been descriminated against and deprived of equal rights in terms of bringing up their children. Also don't forget that it could be you if the laws do not change.

Welcome to USFI
    I am a divorced father and dont need to see this type of b/s thread first thing on Father's day !
    Play with your own kids and refrain from exploiting separated parents so you can get your ' I am a caring human' kicks this morning.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amblincork View Post
    I am a divorced father and dont need to see this type of b/s thread first thing on Father's day !
    Play with your own kids and refrain from exploiting separated parents so you can get your ' I am a caring human' kicks this morning.
    I can only assume you have problems dealing with the 'smug married'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexo View Post

Welcome to USFI
    You may also have been one of those wonderful husbands who kicked the s**t out of your wife in the presence of your kids. Not all fathers are wonderful people!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by corelli View Post
    You may also have been one of those wonderful husbands who kicked the s**t out of your wife in the presence of your kids. Not all fathers are wonderful people!!
    The usual whataboutery from the whiny left. Stick to the topic of the gross inequality in father's and mother's rights. It is a national disgrace and has huge societal ramifications.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and lets not forget all those kids who weren't making 'happy father's day' cards in school along with their classmates because their fathers have fecked off out of their lives.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by corelli View Post
    I never said all men were woderful people. The fact is however when it comes to care of children, following relationship breakdown, men are massively discrimminated against. If I split from my wife I know I will have next to no chance of full custody. I will be forced to be a saturday dad.

It is a fact that men are unfairly treated and unless people support groups such as the the USFI then nothing will change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    The usual whataboutery from the whiny left. Stick to the topic of the gross inequality in father's and mother's rights. It is a national disgrace and has huge societal ramifications.
    You have no proof of that, whatsoever. The only independant study on the issue, by Carol Coulter, would show the opposite, in that joint custody is awarded in the majority of cases.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast