Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 70 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Angelus and its link to Child Abuse in Ireland

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Angelus and its link to Child Abuse in Ireland

While recently talking to a victim of child abuse in one of the infamous institutions he told me the nightmare is repeated on a daily basis due to the daily broadcast of the Angelus by RTE. Apparently the brothers lined the children up daily to say the Angelus and used it as an excuse to physically & sexually abuse those not seen to be fervent enough in their prayers.

Why in the year 2009 does RTE continue this outdated Roman Catholic activity as surely it is a secular government funded organisation. If it so devastating to the victims of the Irish holocaust it need to be removed from the airwaves.

Please join me & send your e-mail to complaints@rte.ie.

This is surely an issue where public opinion can win.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought there was a breakdown in transmission and called the family back to take a look at the 'test card' they used in Ireland during such events.

It had to be explained to me what on earth it was. I wouldn't mind but they were the most morose and wan pieces of 'art' ever and broadcast in peak viewing time.

How the ****************************** can RTE justify treating a religion as a national icon?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think it should stay. I don't see any reason to remove it.

IMHO, I reckon most people feel that way too.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You really can't stand the Angelus being tolled, can you? Next you guys will want it to be outlawed and heck, why not bring back the Penal Laws? Something has to be done about those Irish Catholic peasants believing in this nonsensical religious stuff and no better men to do it than enlightened folk such as yourselves!
    Last edited by TheLastPaddy; 17th June 2009 at 05:06 PM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by markeys View Post
    I don't see any reason to remove it.
    How about it being symbolism of a discredited sick and twisted religion that more and more people in this country are coming to deeply despise for all its evil works over decades and decades?

How about it being inappropriate to say the least for the State broadcaster to be pushing one religion over all others in a now multi-faith society?

How about "separation of Church and State"?

How about the pain of everyone abused by representatives of that sick religion being shoved in their faces twice daily?

Once we've rounded up all the FFers, the religious are next on my list. A good meaty purge. It's the only way to save Ireland.

Politics.ie Member sauntersplash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A little bit over the top?
    The Angelus is silly, no doubt about that. But nonetheless we cannot wrap the country in cotton wool because of the tragedies of the past.
    "No." - Rosa Parks

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, it's official, the Angelus is the cause of child abuse!

If the Brothers had beaten children for failing to recite the Our Father, or say the Rosary to their satisfaction, would they also be regarded as sources/causes of child abuse! I hear some of the religious liked to listen to classical music; I say we ban that source of perversion and persecution too!

PLEASE WISE UP! Thanks.

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastPaddy View Post
    You really can't stand the Angelus being tolled, can you?
    My finger hovers over the Mute button every time.
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

People who want to be bothered will find something to be bothered about. Their is a Christian Heritage in this country and the Angelus reflects that. It goes out three times in a 24 hour period for 1 minute. If you get hot and bothered about it go for a long walk or take an aspirin.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The "Christian Heritage" of this country is an abomination that needs to be ripped out, by force if necessary, if this country is ever to be free.

Page 1 of 70 123451151 ... LastLast