Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Ulysses but not as we knew him ...

  1. #1

    Default Ulysses but not as we knew him ...

    In the run up to Bloomsday it is perhaps appropriate to note that today is the last day in elected office of Cllr. JAMES JOYCE, outgoing member of Galway County Council ...

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member Oscar Wilde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Trinity College
    Posts
    860
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    well spotted
    how many feckers on p.ie have read Ulysses I wonder?

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member Lonewolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    17,449
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    well spotted
    how many feckers on p.ie have read Ulysses I wonder?
    I'm reading it at the moment.

  4. #4

    Default

    More than have read this thread

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member bluefirelog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,774
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    well spotted
    how many feckers on p.ie have read Ulysses I wonder?
    I think life's too short! [I prefer to spend my time reading the great intellectual musings of our time here on politics.ie...]

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member Oscar Wilde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Trinity College
    Posts
    860
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolfe View Post
    I'm reading it at the moment.
    I got the audiobook cara, joined an online club
    can't read these days
    will be away to me scratcher and press [play] on da PC
    hows it going anyway? getting thru it? enjoying?
    seen this doc?

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member Lonewolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    17,449
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    I got the audiobook cara, joined an online club
    can't read these days
    will be away to me scratcher and press [play] on da PC
    hows it going anyway? getting thru it? enjoying?
    seen this doc?

    I haven't seen the doc but I'll check it out. Thanks Oscar.

    The book is going well but I have to say, it's tough going. There are some lovely chapters that are easy to understand and enjoy. There are other sections that ramble on and I find them very difficult to follow. The reason it's taking me so long is because it's necessary to read these difficult parts very slowly.

    I've marked a few sections as well which I'll have to consult the internet on.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member Oscar Wilde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Trinity College
    Posts
    860
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolfe View Post
    I haven't seen the doc but I'll check it out. Thanks Oscar.

    The book is going well but I have to say, it's tough going. There are some lovely chapters that are easy to understand and enjoy. There are other sections that ramble on and I find them very difficult to follow. The reason it's taking me so long is because it's necessary to read these difficult parts very slowly.

    I've marked a few sections as well which I'll have to consult the internet on.
    they say its like a puzzle
    man I've 35 hrs to get thru on the audiobook

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •