There are plenty of anti-Enda threads already, this discusses Fine Gael's Weak links rather than the personality of the leader.
FG last won a general election in 1982, has been in power for less time than the pds and labour in my lifetime and appears to bottle it in the closing days of a successful campaign (this time enda v frank F, enda v garret, last time the leaders debate and dream on baby, noonan's bus tour, etc). So what is it that holds them back?
1. Their colourful history? Hardly except to anoraks.
2. Their dependence on Labour - yes but it is also a strength.
3. Their front bench - a few nutjobs but generally there is strength in depth.
4. Their organisiation - has probably never been stronger or had higher morale. Frank F would be recognised as a key asset here.
5. Their tendency to believe their own hype/arrogance - a regular accusation but is it backed up.
6. Their 330 odd councillors, 52 TDs? I suspect that the are of a higher quality than FF'S but is that bar sufficient?
7. The Press.a few friends there but not really much use to the party.
8.its policies - their cut proposals are headlines (per richard bruton on VB) rather than details, they have no policies of substance on how four billion cuts will be achieved (neither do the government). Are they keeping them quiet because of FF attacks, they disagree the labour or they do not exist?