I can only speak for Dublin but I am sure the rest of the Country will experience the same results.
It is very clear to me that many posters wish to see a wipe out of the Fianna Fail party and have let their hearts rule their head.
I can safely predict that yes of course we will loose seat in the local elections around the country but not to the magnitude to call it a wipe out.
In Dublin we will return 26 city and county candidates at local level and retain our one European seat. (I think we have about 30 at present)
The anger in the past few days has come from FG voters who have once again become disillusioned with the leadership of the party.
1. Frank Flannerys statement on FG future intentions of coalition with SF.
2. Endas spat with the greens on the same issue.
3. Enda disowning Garret Fitzgerald. (That hurt a lot of older FG voters)
Eoin Ryan will retain the Dublin European seat for the following reasons.
1. Endorsements by Garreth Fitzgerald, Pat Cox and Mary Harney.
2. The deep-rooted hatred for SF by FG and Lab and Green voters they will transfer to Ryan.
3. The core FF voters have returned to us and will come out to save a very much-respected politician.
Labour will increase their percentage vote but this may not necessarily transfer into actual seats.
Fianna Fail will have a good election despite been in Government at a time of the worst world recession in living memory.
In the Dublin Dail elections I can safely predict that FF will loose both which could be expected even in normal times.
Alex White could take the seat in Dublin South with the help of Brennans transfers
George(Lee) I feel peaked to soon and the gloss has gone off him he will do well but will not get enough 1st preference votes to take him over the line.
Alex white will receive number 2s from the majority of Brennan voters who cannot bare the arrogance shown by George. (Especially the use of just George on his poster and he is only a wet day in politics)
Please judge me next Sunday when all the results are known