Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 79

Thread: Anglo Irish - Golden Circle default on €308million loans

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member JollyRedGiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Anglo Irish - Golden Circle default on €308million loans

    Anglo Irish Bank has written off €308m in relation to loans to ten 'longstanding clients', who then used the funds to buy shares in the bank.

    The ten individuals who borrowed the money subsequently became known as the 'Golden Circle'.

    RTÉ News: Anglo loses €308m on 'Golden Circle' loans

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    64
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRedGiant View Post
    Anglo Irish Bank has written off €308m in relation to loans to ten 'longstanding clients', who then used the funds to buy shares in the bank.

    The ten individuals who borrowed the money subsequently became known as the 'Golden Circle'.

    RTÉ News: Anglo loses €308m on 'Golden Circle' loans
    As a taxpayer, I demand to know who these bastards are.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member Akrasia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    in Toxicated
    Posts
    1,128
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    thats not very clear, so the loans were written off first, and then they bought the shares?


    That HAS to be illegal.
    Actual morality is doing what is right regardless of what you're told. Religious morality is doing what you're told, regardless of if it's right.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    1,378
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dglsouthwest View Post
    As a taxpayer, I demand to know who these bastards are.
    And as one of those paying the tab, you are well within your rights to know everyone who has defaulted on loans given by YOUR bank..

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member JollyRedGiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I am astonished that a lot more people haven't been jumping up and down on this thread demanding to know who these people are and what is going to happen them.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member JollyRedGiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    And in this light of Lenihan indemnifying the directors

    Sunday Business Post | Irish Business News

    he should be the one strung up by the b*lls and hung outside Leinster House.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    911
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    The fact that these names are being witheld is deeply ominous.

    If the government are so scared of these lads and their legal muscle that they cannot even be named, seriously what chance has Nama?

    Every hard decision on a ghost estate or mothballed shopping centre in the Bog of Allen will have to be individually assessed for months on end.
    "Jaysus Lads that's xxxxxxx, he's lethal, he'll have Arthur Cox up our arse for years, let's just park that one for the moment. Right next one. xxxxxxx and the 300 million he got off AIB for a seven star hotel and country club in the Liberties. Oh crap his brother in law is lead partner in MOP. Next"

    Remember the song?
    "In the year 2525...."

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    64
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRedGiant View Post
    I am astonished that a lot more people haven't been jumping up and down on this thread demanding to know who these people are and what is going to happen them.
    JRG, I am astonished too !!!, It does make you wonder, do people give a ********************.
    I think they might if they knew who was on the list....
    WHY ARE THE MEDIA NOT PRINTING THESE NAMES????

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    590
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRedGiant View Post
    And in this light of Lenihan indemnifying the directors

    Sunday Business Post | Irish Business News

    he should be the one strung up by the b*lls and hung outside Leinster House.
    How can that possibly be allowed to happen?

    We're living in a country that has Socialism for the rich and capitalism for the poor. If you're rich and mess up you get bailed out, both of paying anything yourself or getting prosecuted over it.

    What can we do about it?

    Do most people really think the answer is to vote for FG?

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I think the Irish people are scandaled out at this stage. How often can they show shock and horror when shocking and horrible events are occurring on a near daily basis. The shocking and the horrible has become the norm.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •