Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: FG standing for something

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default FG standing for something

It's time for the opposition to clearly stand for something. It's time for FG to stand firmly on the right side of the Irish political spectrum. With this in mind, FG should take a pro-business approach to the economy. Public sector unions should be curtailed in their pay demands which are adding to Irish uncompetitiveness in the global market; a strong stance on this point would be welcomed by private sectors workers who actually work hard and productively for this economy. You've got to stand for something solid in politics; the politics of the centre is not clear enough for the majority of the electorate.

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: FG standing for something

Quote Originally Posted by Firemonkey
    It's time for the opposition to clearly stand for something. It's time for FG to stand firmly on the right side of the Irish political spectrum. With this in mind, FG should take a pro-business approach to the economy. Public sector unions should be curtailed in their pay demands which are adding to Irish uncompetitiveness in the global market; a strong stance on this point would be welcomed by private sectors workers who actually work hard and productively for this economy. You've got to stand for something solid in politics; the politics of the centre is not clear enough for the majority of the electorate.
    They're not FF. Is that not enough for you ingrates ?
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://forum.politics.ie/viewtopic.php?t=4582

All info on political view points is here
    S.Behan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For a second there I thought Enda Kenny had made a mind blowing statement about what FG stands for.

Oh well, back to my lair to eat some children I go :twisted:

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FF and the PDs occupy the right, it's crowded, you need to move to Social Democracy.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I got me a letter published on this in Village (yay!). Now that I've patted myself on the back, I like the bit of a stand they took on Irish language teaching. It wasn't a major policy, but it showed at least the beginning of an opposition

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What stand was that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gladstone
    FF and the PDs occupy the right, it's crowded, you need to move to Social Democracy.
    Exactly, FG should be standing for realistic change, in cooperation with other, likeminded parties. This means standing for hard choices, like proper levels of investment in public transport, education and health and a rollback of the privatisation (in all but name) that is happening in the health, education and general civil service. They should also abandon their pro-military stance and embrace a realistic policy of neutrality which encompasses the historical international role of Ireland in international peace-brokering and diplomacy. These policies may not win them any fans in the rabid right-winger section of YFG, but it has a far better chance of winning floating voters than say, bailing out Eircom shareholders.
    "Partout où la liberté règne elle est incessamment attaquée et très souvent en péril” – Jean Jacques Rousseau.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I actually thought their "beyond neutrality" document was really good, and showed the farce that neutrality (in any form) is.

I don't know of any privatisation going on in education and health?

They got to 70 seats with social democracy before they should try it again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Until FG realise that neutrality (which is not the same thing as isolationism) is the only realistic policy for a country of Irelands size and economic resources, they themselves will remain a farce. FF have shown themselves more than ready to pimp Ireland to the war-mongers. FG need to present an alternative platform, whatever the armchair generals think.
    "Partout où la liberté règne elle est incessamment attaquée et très souvent en péril” – Jean Jacques Rousseau.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast