Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Was MI6 behind the Brighton bombing?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Was MI6 behind the Brighton bombing?

A Times journalist, who clearly is suspicious of the Martin McGuinness as 007 thesis that has recently emerged, explores the ramifications of that particular idea:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 25,00.html

Here's the crux of his point:

In the Troubles, where almost everything on the surface was a lie or a deception, the only hard certainties are the bullets, the bombs and the dead bodies left in the ditch. In the summer of 1984 Patrick Magee, a veteran bomber, acting on the orders of the IRA’s Army Council, really did plant a bomb behind the bath panel of room 621 of the Grand Hotel. When that bomb exploded six weeks later it very, very nearly killed Margaret Thatcher and most of her Cabinet.

If McGuinness had been an MI6 agent then MI6 must have known about the Brighton bomb and then allowed the potential decapitation of the British Government to go ahead. Therefore MI6 was really behind the Brighton bomb. Instead of being plausible the thesis that McGuinness was a MI6 agent becomes nonsensical.
    Please sign the petition to establish a national day of celebration in honour of the vision of the United Irishmen!
    United Irishmen Day Petition
    Skinflicks blog
    Rep abuse illustrated

Politics.ie Member Ramon Mercadar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They would also have had to be behind the mortar-bombing of the Cabinet in 1991 in that case. And the assassination of Thatchers personal friend Ian Fow MP etc etc
    In 1908, in London, at the Olympics, Irish American Martin Sheridan announced “This flag dips for no earthly king," when the US team paraded past the royal box.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Didn't Mc Guinness tell the Bloody Sunday Inquiry, he left the IRA in the 70s? Are you saying he lied under oath, in what was supposed to be a quest for justice for the Bloody Sunday families? Many IRA operations took place without Army Council knowledge. Anyway Ingram has not stated WHEN McG became a tool of the Brits.
    Just 1 gram of cocaine destroys 4m2 of tropical rainforest. Give it up ya selfish b'stards.

I repeatedly asked Ingram the exact same question about Brighton and Downing Street months ago on the (now seemingly sadly defunct Debate Central website) and he ignored it no less than 3 times.

The man's out for attention. He even claims in his book (I read the back cover) to have met an unmasked Gerry Adams face to face during a Belfast gun battle in the early days. He claims Adams tried to plug him but the gun jammed. Could but true but then again...you gotta have some sort of exciting tale to sell your book with.
    "There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight."

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Mercadar
    They would also have had to be behind the mortar-bombing of the Cabinet in 1991 in that case. And the assassination of Thatchers personal friend Ian Fow MP etc etc
    Ian Gow, actually.

But this stuff about the Brighton bombing is beyond stupid.

Norman Tebbit's wife was paralysed from the waist down and is still in a wheelchair to this day.
    "I like you. You're all right. Actually, I like you better meeting you than if somebody had just given me your record."
    Joey Ramone
    http://cedarlounge.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Mercadar
    Ian Gow IIRC?

Quote Originally Posted by Worldbystorm
    But this stuff about the Brighton bombing is beyond stupid.
    That's the point.

Obviously the Brits would never have let it happen so just about disproving MMcG was a tout.
    "There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight."

Politics.ie Member Ramon Mercadar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Indeed it was Gow. That was a typo.

The trouble is if you look hard enough you will see all of history as conspiracy. Its easy to see a guiding hand where there is none.

Although I did have my doubts about Brian Boru, there is some evidence that he was a Viking agent and was silenced by his handler.
    In 1908, in London, at the Olympics, Irish American Martin Sheridan announced “This flag dips for no earthly king," when the US team paraded past the royal box.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seems to me that Marty McFly is probably the only top Shinner NOT to have been a Brit spy. And the Brighton Bombing is one way of effectively disproving Ingram's book-peddling yarn.
    But I am interested to know whether anyone actually believes that Marty was a spy for the Brits, either before Brighton or afterwards.
    Please sign the petition to establish a national day of celebration in honour of the vision of the United Irishmen!
    United Irishmen Day Petition
    Skinflicks blog
    Rep abuse illustrated

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkinner
    Seems to me that Marty McFly is probably the only top Shinner NOT to have been a Brit spy. And the Brighton Bombing is one way of effectively disproving Ingram's book-peddling yarn.
    But I am interested to know whether anyone actually believes that Marty was a spy for the Brits, either before Brighton or afterwards.
    Not really.
    "I like you. You're all right. Actually, I like you better meeting you than if somebody had just given me your record."
    Joey Ramone
    http://cedarlounge.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast