Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: New political party formed - Amhrán Nua

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default New political party formed - Amhrán Nua

Well, as some of you are aware, myself and several others on the forum have been working towards addressing some of the problems raised by the government and political parties in Ireland over the last four months or so. I am proud to be able to present to you today the fruits of that work, the Amhrán Nua website:

Amhrán Nua

Everyone has ideas on how to sort out the many issues affecting the country at the moment, whether a taxi driver or a politician. What makes p.ie unique among all the places that people talk about these ideas, is the high level of commitment, the passion, and the expertise of its members when holding forth about their favourite topic, plus the opposing views by those with equally strong convictions. As such, it is a fitting place to have gathered the best ideas and put them into working policy documents.

The site contains these policy concepts, by discussion with the extremely informed posters on p.ie and elsewhere, and talking with affected members of the public. Any opinions on any of these, or suggestions for amendment, or new ideas are warmly welcomed, whether in response to this thread or by email to us here at info@amhrannua.com.

The main platform of the party is one of accountability and transparency in public office, which is needed as a counterpoint to the cronyism in Irish politics; problems have their roots at the top, and at the top is where they must be tackled first. Of course it doesn't end there, there are a broad base of policies that are aimed at renewal and growth in Ireland, and these are entirely based upon realistic expectations of what can be achieved, while being far reaching and wide ranging.

At this time it isn't an officially recognised party, we're a political group until we get the required few hundred signatures and a TD to accept it as such, which shouldn't take long.

If you think there are ideas in there you can support, if this is the sort of Ireland you want to live in, you can help us by putting a link to the site in your sigs, and anyone that wants an AN avatar can let me know and I'll let the mods know, hopefully they can sort that out fairly handy. Also anyone that posts in other forums such as boards.ie, if you could put a link in your sig or use one of the sig images we have put together on the site, here
    Help out Amhrán Nua
    and if you could make those a link to the site, that would be great. Tell your friends and family, get the word out there. Translators into Irish might be nice as well. Lastly if anyone's feeling brave and wants to act as a public representative for any particular constituency, contact me and I'll upload a profile on the site, pending review, again this is just a liason, not running for elections unless you want to.

The site still has a few quirks which will be ironed out in the coming weeks, but the main functions are working alright, you can view the policies and register with the site, registrations will be activated when we have the relevant sections onstream.

Thanks for the support and help, we couldn't have gotten this far without it.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tá cuma mhaith air sin. Bail ó Dhia oraibh. Will the site be bilingual? Our other political parties are not very good regarding Irish will Amhran Nua be any different in that regard?
    Last edited by Culann; 25th May 2009 at 12:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just had a quick look through your Policies, very impressed with some of the Cultural ones, especially the revival of the Tailteann Games. I can’t find anything on Irish Reunification, have you a vision for a United Ireland and if so what is it?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who are the representatives? The webmaster?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Left, right or centre ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cactusflower View Post
    Left, right or centre ?
    I hate this "left"/"right" pigeon holing.

Politics.ie Member Raketemensch's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The page won't finish loading on my browser (Firefox).

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Factorem View Post
    I hate this "left"/"right" pigeon holing.
    ... and I hate spiders; i still have to live with the fact that they exist though

what's the answer?
    Oooh, look, a bandwagon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What if you are Irish but not a Gael?

Is the only culture to be emphasised Gaelic culture or will other Irish cultures also be promoted?
    Freedom, Tolerance & Equality of Opportunity

Economic Left/Right: -1.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.33

accountability and transparency go without saying what else you got?
    If I ask a question don't just 'like' the post, reply to it. - If I post a lot about a subject I may write a post about it at http://dublinstreams.blogspot.ie/

Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast