Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Declan McGlinchey, victim of injustice.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Declan McGlinchey, victim of injustice.

Standing in the dock at Belfast Crown Court, 32-year-old Declan McGlinchey pleaded not guilty to charges that he made and possessed the command-wire improvised explosive device on dates between January 17 and July 3 2006.

McGlinchey, from the Gulladuff Road in Bellaghy, Co Derry, also entered not guilty pleas to making and possessing the bomb under suspicious circumstances.

He was originally charged in October 2006 after the device was uncovered in a disused yard on William Street in Bellaghy on July 2.

A hearing held later that year was told police believed dissident republicans intended to lure officers to the area during an Orange Order parade before exploding the bomb.

Defence lawyer Neil Fox said the case centred around an alleged link between McGlinchey and the actual device, adding that the defence would be employing experts to examine the DNA findings which form the basis of the prosecution case.

Releasing him on continuing bail, Mr Justice Hart set October 5 as a provisional stand-by trial date and listed the case for further review next month.

Irish News: NEWS: McGlinchey pleads not guilty to bomb charges

I've never met Declan McGlinchey but I do know members of his family and am completely convinced that he is the victim of a frame-up attempt. He has no dealings with politics and is a father to a young family; indeed he was in Bellaghy with his children on the day that the device was found. Hardly the actions of a bomber.

It is my understanding that the basis of the evidence against him is alleged DNA evidence recovered from electrical tape that was stuck to the device. Incredulous as this may seem it bears parallels to the blatant evidence fabrication and tampering that was exposed in the Sean Hoey trial. The original charges against Declan McGlinchey were based on low copy DNA and when the Hoey case exposed the facade of this tenuous 'evidence' the Brits suddenly upgraded the quality of the DNA evidence in the case. How it apparently transformed overnight from low copy DNA to full DNA 'evidence' has yet to be revealed. We might have to wait until the case is thrown out of court to find out.

Essentially, this case is nothing more than peevish and vindictive harassment of Declan McGlinchey and his young family; based on nothing more than his family name. There is no real evidence to link him to the device as he had absolutely nothing to do with it. The British manipulation of this incident as a means of harrassment has placed inhumane and unjust stress and worry upon himself, his wife and young children; particularly when they know and the Brits know that he is completely innocent.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

declan mcglinchey is a great republican , he is a legend as well as his father . keep killing the scum declan my man

R.I.P Dominic

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Appreciate the information on thread. Mr. McGlinchey is just like his dad, a solid republican who opposes partition and occupation. Without doubt, he is a subject of SS/RUC harassment. I applaud Declan McGlinchey and Colin Duffy, both men play integral roles in the ongoing resistance to british imperialism in occupied Ireland.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey, Cowley, the wind's just gone missing from your sails

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i applaud them both and i also respect the fact that you applaud them thanks for your great respect

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seanciaran View Post
    Appreciate the information on thread. Mr. McGlinchey is just like his dad, a solid republican who opposes partition and occupation. Without doubt, he is a subject of SS/RUC harassment. I applaud Declan McGlinchey and Colin Duffy, both men play integral roles in the ongoing resistance to british imperialism in occupied Ireland.
    He's not 'just like his dad' just like you're not 'just like' your dad and I'm not 'just like' mine. It is my understanding that Declan McGlinchey is absolutely uninvolved with politics. The 'integral role' that he is trying to play is as the father and husband in his family.

There has never been a credible piece of evidence to link Declan McGlinchey with so called 'dissident' activity. Why is this do you think? If he had been involved he would be dead or in jail by now. He would be fairly well watched since he was a teenager after all; privacy stolen purely on account of his family name.

Your opinion is based either on ignorance or mischief.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

he is a victim to who ? i applaud his work because he is a republican genius

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Republican Supporter View Post
    he is a victim to who ? i applaud his work because he is a republican genius
    He is a young Irishman trying to raise his family in adverse conditions, he is not in any way involved in militant Republican politics.

What is so difficult for you to understand about that?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so your saying he is not a republican . or he is not in the INLA ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RS your posts are both uninformed and highly dangerous. This man is on trial for something that he is no way involved with, and you come off with this crap about the INLA. If you have any respect for Declan, then you will stop this nonsense and concentrate on exposing this attempt to frame an innocent man.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast