Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian Brothers should be disbanded

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Christian Brothers should be disbanded

In light of the recent disgusting storeys and tales of horror told by CBS abuse victims- why is the institution in name still active? It should be disbanded immediately from both religious and secular schools. I say this as somebody (like most Irish people) who comes from a Roman Catholic family and background (many active-particularly older), and as somebody who believes that religious education- and the religion of the students & parents is respected, and taught just as much as any other subject- but I cannot for the life of me think how this sadistic CBS institution can remain in the land a year longer. An informing and shocking thread below which I would encourage you to read…….

http://www.politics.ie/current-affai...rspective.html

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I absolutely agree.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Frankly I'm surprised one of these abuser priests hasn't been hunted down and had his throat cut by an angry mob. It would be more than justified after some of the evidence I've heard, and I don't say it lightly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Agreed - even if many of its members have bigger worries:

Clicking an ad a day keeps Politics.ie in business.

I have deliberately avoided media coverage of the horror stories during the last few days as I get very sickened and angry by the personal accounts of those who were raped and abused. However, I did catch about 10 minutes of three people on Joe Duffy , starting at about 2.45 today and it was vile stuff. The victims ( one male, two female ) struck me as being extraordinarily well balanced having experienced such cruelty as children. It has led me to one conclusion, though. All religious should be removed from childcare and education as soon as possible. It is too much of a chance to presume that there must be some good people involved, given that the abuses referred to in the Ryan report were so widespread and some were so recent.

Politics.ie Member An Gilladaker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Decommissioning would be better way to deal with them

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, there is a media feeding frenzy. I guess some people just love watching and listening to victims. Others just love being victims. People are a funny lot.

Politics.ie Member flavirostris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no need - the average age of a Christian Brother is probably in the 80's or even 90's - they have had no new vocations for years. The ones that taught me ın the 1980's were well into their seventies.
    I thınk the Christian Brothers handed over control of all their Irish schools to the laity years ago.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flavirostris View Post
    no need - the average age of a Christian Brother is probably in the 80's or even 90's - they have had no new vocations for years. The ones that taught me ın the 1980's were well into their seventies.
    I thınk the Christian Brothers handed over control of all their Irish schools to the laity years ago.
    The horse has left the stable-for the knackers' yard!

Politics.ie Member flavirostris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patslatt View Post
    The horse has left the stable-for the knackers' yard!
    yep - the rest ıs floggıng a dead horse!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast