Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: English Democrats in bed with Fascists

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default English Democrats in bed with Fascists

The English Democrats Party, supposed civic nationalists, have jumped into bed with the white nationalist and fascist England First Party.

Article here: English nationalism vs British nationalism | open Democracy News Analysis

Happily there seem to be true civic English nationalists ready to speak out against this alliance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Read the transcript of the first interview with the newly elected English Democrat Mayor of Doncaster here: Welcome To The North A whole lot of nothing

Not a very good start.

Now as I'll probably be accused of being anti English or opposed to English self-determination I'd just like to state that I 'm not opposed to English Nationalism and that's exactly why I do what I do. English Nationalism deserves far better than the EDP and their alliance with the white nationalist England First Party.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks cornubian, the interview was hilarious.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very interesting. Never a good idea to sup with the devil, no matter how long a spoon one thinks one has.

I'm coming to think that any good in nationalism is outworn at this stage and that if you want to oppose the BNP or similar you have to oppose nationalism.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cactusflower View Post
    Very interesting. Never a good idea to sup with the devil, no matter how long a spoon one thinks one has.

I'm coming to think that any good in nationalism is outworn at this stage and that if you want to oppose the BNP or similar you have to oppose nationalism.
    I have arrived at the opposite conclusion, and find that internationalism and those that espouse borders are only serving big business, multi-nationals and their own ego's
    Fianna Fáil
    The Land agents party.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eorna View Post
    I have arrived at the opposite conclusion, and find that internationalism and those that espouse borders are only serving big business, multi-nationals and their own ego's
    The multi-nationals play games with nationalism, to suit themselves. They are constantly wanting to see national entities broken down into smaller and more malleable units.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

CORNUBION
    Someone on another thread compared the English democrats to the BNP, I said at the time i considered it grossly unfair, having looked at their web page.
    You seem to be saying with this article that they have been associating with England first(another group i had never heard of) and trying to target far right voters.
    However as one of the posters on your linked site states, their election material specifically states they are not racist, have no racist policies, and are not associated with other parties.
    could you tell us if this link with a far right party is under the table official or just some local members going of on their own?
    Also if you are the same poster from Cornwall commenting on the page you linked, you would appear to have a bit of history with the ED, what is their policy on an independent Cornwall and has this Biased your view?
    personally I thought that the poster on the other thread was just having a knee jerk reaction to English nationalism, where none would exist had it been welsh, Scottish, Irish. I think it would be a shame if the English nationalists were not respected in their endeavors simply because of some misplaced enmity from some outside.
    Cira/rira Not in my name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nothing new.....members of the English Democrats have a history in the fringe politics of British Nationalist fascist groups...(NF, British Movement, etc)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, I'm glad they are in bed with each other. And I don't really care which of them gets the hardest shafting.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In the UK The Green Party won 2 seats.

The BNP won 2.

When you put that into perspective from Irelands point of view, Labour only have 1 more seat than the BNP in Europe.
    Abstinence makes the Church grow fondlers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast