Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Respect for the Government

Default Respect for the Government

I have been just reading some of the posts here over the past few weeks and I get the sense that people have no respect for the Government and their seal of office. I think people who make insulting disrespectful remarks about the Government should be ashamed of themselves.

As a member of Fianna Fáil I would show respect to Enda Kenny, Eamon Gilmore or Joe Higgins if they and their parties where occupying Government Building as elected by the people of Ireland.

As it stands, Fianna Fáil along the Green party have the support of the Dáil and remain the legitimate Governent of Ireland.

People should be mindful of this.

It's okay to criticize and argue against what they are doing but its disgusting to see people showing utter hatred and disrespect towards the ruling parties.

If you want to act like that go and emigrate to some country where this is accepted practice.
    It is indeed hard for the strong to be just to the weak, but acting justly always has its rewards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think the people in government are a bunch of self serving ******************************ers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VoteFFno1 View Post
    I have been just reading some of the posts here over the past few weeks and I get the sense that people have no respect for the Government and their seal of office. I think people who make insulting disrespectful remarks about the Government should be ashamed of themselves.

As a member of Fianna Fáil I would show respect to Enda Kenny, Eamon Gilmore or Joe Higgins if they and their parties where occupying Government Building as elected by the people of Ireland.

As it stands, Fianna Fáil along the Green party have the support of the Dáil and remain the legitimate Governent of Ireland.

People should be mindful of this.

It's okay to criticize and argue against what they are doing but its disgusting to see people showing utter hatred and disrespect towards the ruling parties.

If you want to act like that go and emigrate to some country where this is accepted practice.

If FF have no respect for the offices of state, you can hardly be surprised that a significant proportion of the population will afford them an equal if not greater lack of respect.
    Fianna Fail - The Loss of Sovereignty Party.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seriously, its a free world. I can make whatever comment I like about the government, its performance and its (many many) mistakes. Just to make it clear I have no respect for Cowen et al.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shouldn't this be in Humour?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FF and the rest of its lemmings can jump off the cliffs of moher and il show the same respect to FF like they have shown to the sick and the elderly and to the tax payer in general who are paying for their ineptitude. so FF can go ******************** themselves and you with it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We do not have a government in any true sense of the word.
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair.

AMCW177

When will this nightmare end! Can't someone round up these craven corrupt fools and lock them up in a camp somewhere and free us from their cack-handed weasel words, incompetence, thievery, stupidity?

A bigger shower of destructive gobdaws we've not seen in Ireland since the 17th century!

Quote Originally Posted by mmrebel View Post
    FF and the rest of its lemmings can jump off the cliffs of moher and il show the same respect to FF like they have shown to the sick and the elderly and to the tax payer in general who are paying for their ineptitude. so FF can go ******************** themselves and you with it

Really, very constructive.. Is this an example of what we can expect if your lot are ever in Power?
    It is indeed hard for the strong to be just to the weak, but acting justly always has its rewards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Difficult to have the remotest amount of respect for a government whose responsible for destroying people's pensions, careers, expectations, and life savings, isn't it?

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast