Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Nudism in ireland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Nudism in ireland

Just came across a fascinating website about something, I just simply didn't think was a runner in Ireland - http://www.clubaquarius.ie/ and The Irish Naturist Association

Turns out, and i can't get my head around this due to the glacial weather, there's a budding community here! I recall as a kid peering out the DART the once a year i was on it and seeing people bathing in Dalkey amongst the rocks - but genuinely didn't think it was regular!

So, i guess the question is - we're not shiocked by toplessness or (to a lesser degree) nudism in other countries, what do you think about it in chilly wet old Ireland!

From my pov, i'd prob do it for a tan abroad, but a tan aint very likely here!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have a look at: Dublin Docklands - Spencer Tunick Installation at the South Wall in Dublin Docklands. I'm the 14th on the left beside the grey rock.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Look how far out to the left I've managed to push my user details. What do I win? I'm in Dublin btw.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeViking View Post
    I'm the 14th on the left beside the grey rock.
    Nice ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

one word (esp true in chilly ireland)....shrinkage
    I liberate minds with my music. That's more important than liberating a few people from apartheid or whatever. - Kanye West

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Forgot about Tunick last summer. Sounded a bit of craic, til they said 4am by sandymount... shudder... Iveagh gardens would have been far more visually appealing!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adamirer View Post
    Forgot about Tunick last summer. Sounded a bit of craic, til they said 4am by sandymount... shudder... Iveagh gardens would have been far more visually appealing!
    It was great craic (until the rain started!). We mooned each ferryboat as they arrived into the port, some of the ships nearly ran aground!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One of the more amusing threads i have come across on P.ie ,but i remember when i was a kid in cork and living by the sea my parents where quite bemused when i told them there was naked people with no clothes on down the beach , my parents said "of course there is son " patted it me on the head and told me to run along.
    Till i was in the car later with my father and he nearly got whiplash when he was driving by the beach he turned his head so quick, and saw 6 or 7 naked people on the beach.
    You got to remember this was the 80's. Off we went to the station to report what was going on, the elderly garda in charge obviously perplexed got the fright of his life when he saw them.
    The garda wanted to go get a priest till common sense prevailed and my old fella went down and asked to them to leave and they did so quietly.
    Apart from seeing them down the 40ft on the dart that was my only experience in coming across them but there are plenty of isolated beaches and coves on the cork coastline so beware.

Nozzferrahhtoo

Quote Originally Posted by mmrebel View Post
    when i told them there was naked people with no clothes on down the beach
    As opposed to naked people WITH clothes on you mean?

Amuppet

More than three minutes outdoors in the nude in Ireland in the present weather and I fear my dick would draw up almost to my knee.

Politics.ie Member MsAnneThrope's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adamirer View Post
    Just came across a fascinating website about something, I just simply didn't think was a runner in Ireland - http://www.clubaquarius.ie/ and The Irish Naturist Association
    Further organic decline I fear, in our climate...
    We all love animals. Why do we call some 'pets' and others 'dinner'?

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast