Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 201

Thread: Prime Time on treatment of migrant workers

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    19,031
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Prime Time on treatment of migrant workers

    Anyone watching? I feel sick and ashamed at the disgusting treatment of these people. They were lured over here to do the jobs we wouldn't do, but are now being treated like the enemy within, their work permit conditions being made impossible to fulfill so that they are forced out. There are several Irish people on the program openly blaming the lack of work on immigrants, despite only a tiny fraction of the workforce being immigrants, another actually filmed threatening a Kenyan man for having the temerity to work here. I'm sick of this sh1t now, after we ourselves went to the four corners of the Earth expecting to be treated well. Lenihan is on now being a weasel.

    If those immigrants go home and we revert to the Ireland of twenty years ago, I will leave myself. What a horrible prospect.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    19,031
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    OK,sorry, a thread from last week has been resurrected. Ignore my rant.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member Digout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    at the bar, where the sock puppets are
    Posts
    1,396
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toxic avenger View Post

    If those immigrants go home and we revert to the Ireland of twenty years ago, I will leave myself. What a horrible prospect.
    Why not stay here and fight? This is your country and its FF that have messed it up. Its FF and their supporters that should go.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,285
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toxic avenger View Post
    OK,sorry, a thread from last week has been resurrected. Ignore my rant.
    A pleasure to hear it.

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    A coup for FF press handlers, giving their policy on work permits an airing like this just before the elections.

    What a pity.
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    429
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toxic avenger View Post

    If those immigrants go home and we revert to the Ireland of twenty years ago, I will leave myself. What a horrible prospect.
    Can I leave you to the airport?

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,285
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by He3 View Post
    A coup for FF press handlers, giving their policy on work permits an airing like this just before the elections.

    What a pity.
    Do you think so ? My guess is that some people were outraged and other people think it doesn't go far enough.

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I do. Gets the message to the flock. The others don't count cos they won't be voting FF anyway.
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,952
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toxic avenger View Post
    Anyone watching? I feel sick and ashamed at the disgusting treatment of these people. They were lured over here to do the jobs we wouldn't do, but are now being treated like the enemy within, their work permit conditions being made impossible to fulfill so that they are forced out. There are several Irish people on the program openly blaming the lack of work on immigrants, despite only a tiny fraction of the workforce being immigrants, another actually filmed threatening a Kenyan man for having the temerity to work here. I'm sick of this sh1t now, after we ourselves went to the four corners of the Earth expecting to be treated well. Lenihan is on now being a weasel.

    If those immigrants go home and we revert to the Ireland of twenty years ago, I will leave myself. What a horrible prospect.

    Yeah, its pretty sickening, particularly when you have Gombeens all over the country lobbying to allow illegal Irish immigrants in the US be allowed stay in the US.

    I don't see any problem with limiting the number of work permits, however. Its a reasonable response until we sort ourselves out.
    A demagogue is someone who will preach doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member Digout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    at the bar, where the sock puppets are
    Posts
    1,396
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by He3 View Post
    I do. Gets the message to the flock. The others don't count cos they won't be voting FF anyway.
    Not so sure, any non- Irish I know here are voting, they are shocked by FF.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •