Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Prime Time on treatment of migrant workers

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Prime Time on treatment of migrant workers

Anyone watching? I feel sick and ashamed at the disgusting treatment of these people. They were lured over here to do the jobs we wouldn't do, but are now being treated like the enemy within, their work permit conditions being made impossible to fulfill so that they are forced out. There are several Irish people on the program openly blaming the lack of work on immigrants, despite only a tiny fraction of the workforce being immigrants, another actually filmed threatening a Kenyan man for having the temerity to work here. I'm sick of this sh1t now, after we ourselves went to the four corners of the Earth expecting to be treated well. Lenihan is on now being a weasel.

If those immigrants go home and we revert to the Ireland of twenty years ago, I will leave myself. What a horrible prospect.

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OK,sorry, a thread from last week has been resurrected. Ignore my rant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toxic avenger View Post

If those immigrants go home and we revert to the Ireland of twenty years ago, I will leave myself. What a horrible prospect.
    Why not stay here and fight? This is your country and its FF that have messed it up. Its FF and their supporters that should go.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OK,sorry, a thread from last week has been resurrected. Ignore my rant.
    A pleasure to hear it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A coup for FF press handlers, giving their policy on work permits an airing like this just before the elections.

What a pity.
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can I leave you to the airport?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by He3 View Post
    A coup for FF press handlers, giving their policy on work permits an airing like this just before the elections.

What a pity.
    Do you think so ? My guess is that some people were outraged and other people think it doesn't go far enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I do. Gets the message to the flock. The others don't count cos they won't be voting FF anyway.
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyone watching? I feel sick and ashamed at the disgusting treatment of these people. They were lured over here to do the jobs we wouldn't do, but are now being treated like the enemy within, their work permit conditions being made impossible to fulfill so that they are forced out. There are several Irish people on the program openly blaming the lack of work on immigrants, despite only a tiny fraction of the workforce being immigrants, another actually filmed threatening a Kenyan man for having the temerity to work here. I'm sick of this sh1t now, after we ourselves went to the four corners of the Earth expecting to be treated well. Lenihan is on now being a weasel.

Yeah, its pretty sickening, particularly when you have Gombeens all over the country lobbying to allow illegal Irish immigrants in the US be allowed stay in the US.

I don't see any problem with limiting the number of work permits, however. Its a reasonable response until we sort ourselves out.
    A demagogue is someone who will preach doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by He3 View Post
    I do. Gets the message to the flock. The others don't count cos they won't be voting FF anyway.
    Not so sure, any non- Irish I know here are voting, they are shocked by FF.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast