Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FG voter. Are you smarter or dumber than Enda

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default FG voter. Are you smarter or dumber than Enda

It is looking pretty good for FG but a lingering doubt remains on whether or not there is much of a brain at the top. If a voter concludes that Enda is dumber than himself then why the Hell should he vote for him. Do the FG posters here consider themselves dumber than Enda.

To gauge the intelligence of FG I went back and looked at their manifesto from 2007 and read what was being said. It was at a time that the property bubble had well peaked. Everyone that has any brains at all knows what happens when a property bubble bursts. Even a slow learning donkey could have figured out that the vast stream of tax revenue would dry up.

So clearly the manifesto would be warning of 7 years of lean times as anyone would expect after 7 years of fat.

This is what I found.

Fine Gael Campaigns - 2007 General Election Manifesto

Why it looks like the usual tripe that is put out for every election. Another famous 10 point plan.

1. We promise the usual 4000 beds rant rant blah blah.

How could anyone believe this gibberish even if the boom continued. Everyone practically would be covered in clean hospitals. Best of all though they were going to lower suicides. Is this a joke. Do voters fall for this nowadays.

2. Needless to say, We promise 2000 new cops and no more crime. The Greens promised 3000. If there is an election I bet they will be promising another 2000.

3. This is so childish it must be just ignored. Honestly what party promises to spend the taxpayers money wisely. Did they spend it stupidly the last time and are sorry.

4. We promise education for all. Now note here also that they list 100000 medical cards and it repeats the promise to confront suicide. Most parties would be content saying something foolish once but they say it twice so far. Nobody could make this up.

5.Global warming gibberish, don't worry about that now

6. I kid ye not, they repeat 2 more points from number 1. free medical insurance for all and free GP visits for children under 5. I am telling ye reading this is priceless.

7. This is classic altogether, "ensure that Ireland's strong economy and jobs are not put at risk by complacency and lack of competitiveness". Too bad they were about 5 years too late

8. This one tells immigrants who come to the country to commit serious crimes that they are not welcome. Ho Ho Ho. who needs Willie O Dea or Dermott Ahearn when we have crime fighters like these.

9. We promise to help farmers and fishermen. WOW what an origonal idea

10. Wait for it, no laughing yet. We promise to promote peace and fight international terrorism. By the way even though we mentioned it before we promise to fight global warming.

Now David Letterman could not have come up with a more ridiculous top 10 ever. The best belly laugh I had in years.

So is Enda smarter than the average FG voter

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Youngdan, Unfortunately we get a choice of apples, we don't get a choice of apples or oranges. It's like a choice between Republican or Democrat. I always vote against the incumbent because the only thing more dangerous than having politicians running the country is having the same ones in power for too long. therefore I will vote for Fine Gael at the next election regardless of who is leading them because it is the only way to guarantee that FF are taken out.
    Then we can swap them around again. Their policies and promises are as empty as the next so all we can do is make sure they know that their position is not guaranteed.

If there is a better solution please enlighten me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Youngdan, Am dumber than Enda but Smarter than you....

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This isnt there full manifesto. Bruton had extensive policies on the property bubble. People werent interested at the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is Enda smarter than Cowen? I sure hope so.

Does he have smarter people around him? Yes

Is he more likely to listen to them? Yes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TradCat View Post

He also seems to be willing to let them get on with the jobs he gave them, seemingly secure in the knowledge that they will not cause embarrassment or prove to be hopelessly incompetent.
    Fianna Fail - The Loss of Sovereignty Party.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TradCat View Post

Agreed - I think Young Dan is on a mission here with his constant disparaging of Kenny - still trying to work what it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how do you mean five years to late re competitiveness...Fg were calling for it five years ago, but unfortunaletly werent in govt. to do anything about it........

Politics.ie Member droghedasouth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not only is Enda smarter than YoungDan, his spelling is also better.
    There are times when you are simply required to be impolite. There are times when condescension is called for!
    - Aaron Sorkin writing as President Bartlet to Obama, NYT 21/09/2008

You can't build a smart economy based on dumb decisions.
    - Richard Bruton 18/12/2008

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default young dan; dumb, dumber and dumbest

easy game this young dan!

Dumb; Lenihan,[/B] (I gave away the country's future to a few discredited bankers in the middle of the night, cos they said I had to, - how can that happen !, how can a minister of finance get this so so badly wrong, how can a Minister become that comprimised!, how stupid is that)
    [
    Dumber : Coughlan; (no further explanation required)

Dumbest Cowen, (I appointed the above 2)

Give me Enda anyday, - the three stooges above are just plain destructive

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast