Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brian Crowley caught out

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Brian Crowley caught out

Ha!

Here I was travelling through the rebel county and note that there are two posters for Brian Cowley.

In the first one, we have Brian with a prominent FF logo, a strong mention of his running mate and Fianna Fail strongly printed on the back.

In the second one, we have Brian with a teeny-weeny FF logo with no mention of a running mate and Brian Crowley mentioned on the back.

No prizes for guessing which poster is the more recent one eh?

Yup, much to my surprise and admiration it's the one with the strong FF logo and mention of his running mate (Ned O'Keefe).

One of those occasions where you have to doff your hat

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He did something right?????? Your kidding me!
    "In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics.' All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia."
    George Orwell

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i've often wondered about the electoral popularity of brian crowley.

I've rarely heard him in nationalk media discussing any european orr national issue of note.
    I can understand the gombeen olitics that delivers us massive votes for the likes of michael martin or lowry as they can deliver at local level regarding new sportsffields or broken streetlights or lotto grants.

Why is he immune to the FF backlash and what has he done to achieve the massive votes prior to the current economic difficulties that are hampering FF.

I have a suspicion as to why he gets the big votes - a pat on the head every 5 years for the local lad who done good overcoming his disability.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

He's got strong support down South so he's unlikely to be under much pressure, logo or no logo. I dunno what he's like politically but his wee performance in Prague Castle a few months ago didn't impress many I know.
    Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman … or a bad woman.
    –George Burns

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You're spot on. They wheeled him out to try to scare people into voting in favour of the Lisbon Treaty but apart from that he has been as anonymous as any other MEP.

His mother is a really lovely person though. She must be so disappointed.
    "In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics.' All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia."
    George Orwell

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebus2008 View Post
    i've often wondered about the electoral popularity of brian crowley.

Why is he immune to the FF backlash and what has he done to achieve the massive votes prior to the current economic difficulties that are hampering FF.

I have a suspicion as to why he gets the big votes - a pat on the head every 5 years for the local lad who done good overcoming his disability.
    What disability is this?

The impression I get from the citizens of Cork is that he seems unique amongst MEP's in keeping very strong ties at a local level. The best of both worlds.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    his wee performance in Prague Castle a few months ago didn't impress many I know.
    That is like Brian Cowen doing a poll among his cabinet colleagues and concluding that FF are highly popular and respected!

Given the people you hang around with, how is that a surprise?

It's the disability that people vote for. Did you ever hear him in debate ? He makes Donie Cassidy sound like Einstein. Won't be satisfied until he gets to the Park. Then his blandness will be right at home.

Your better off voting for someone working for disabled people that would be sinnott. crowley was one of the only Irish MEP not to turn up for the 1million4disability rally in brussels a year and a half ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebus2008 View Post

It has nothing to do with that. He's an excellent guy. I remember him playing in bands years ago. You'd notice the wheelchair when you saw him first but he just ignored it and so you would too. I'll be voting Sinnot and Ferris but Crowley's popularity doesn't surprise me at all.

He's not a political heavyweight of course but he is very likeable. Just like Obama.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast