It is well time to put forward an 11 point plan. Far surpassing the crapola from George Lee. None of this ostrich stuff either.
1. First and foremost it is time to read the writing which has been daubed on the wall for over two years. Ireland as noted long ago is caught in a deflation spiral and it is powerless to escape. The only escape is to hope for outside help or radical measures.
2. It is impossible to borrow 500 million week in and week out. It has a lot further to fall. The latest forecast(hope) is for 34 billion in tax revenue. Forget about it it will not break 30.
3. The losses on the banks will be far higher than predicted. Newly released figures for AIB alone shows 28 billion in late mortages and a higher loss than predicted just a few weeks ago. Losses of 100 billion could be on the cards easily and that is optimistic.
4. If the scam of NAMA can be pulled off the national debt will stand at 150 billion euro. This can never be paid. Why should the taxpayer pay for debt he did not take on. He would be a fool to.
5. Ireland has a choice to make. Enter debt enslavement for years or declare it's independence. The politicians who leech off the system and their hacks on this site will urge austerity and an IMF bailout.
6. The IMF are country vultures who will pick Ireland bare of whatever assets it has. They will not bail out Ireland. They will bail out those people owed money by Ireland. The actual Irish people will be squeezed for the last cent.
7. Ireland must withdraw from the EU immediately. They are not our friends and they are not our mother. Ireland must stand on it's own two feet. Anyone who wants to be European can resettle on the mainland.
8. The national debt must be defaulted on right away. Likewise the bonds and foreign deposits of the banks as well as corporate bonds. This would remove about 500 billion of debt from around our neck.
9. The Punt would be reinstated. It's value would derive from the legal tender laws and domestic accounts would be protected with punts and contracts changed over.
10. The money supply would be stable so therefore the budget would be balanced and deficit borrowing would be a thing of the past. Exports would match imports. The welfare state would have to be drastically scaled back but this is both unavoidable and a good thing. Taxes would likewise be drastically reduced. Corporate income tax would be abolished and free enterprise zones would be set up.
11. All foreign aid would end immediately but people would be encouraged to donate privately. Foreign nationals in Ireland would be told that they could stay and be welcomed as long as they became Irish. To assist them they would be treated exactly the same way the Irish are treated which would be very sparse handouts
So there are my 11 points